Danny Baker Sacked by BBC (Again!)

Why does her having a black priest mean we then know shes mixed race? 
I think by that logic Prince Harry must be mixed race as well, unless they had their own individual priests.

So far there's been a lot of "I knew this so everybody else must know it too", which isn't quite how it works. I didn't know about the black priest, for example, because any mention of royal weddings makes all of my senses shut down instantly. 

 
I think by that logic Prince Harry must be mixed race as well, unless they had their own individual priests.

So far there's been a lot of "I knew this so everybody else must know it too", which isn't quite how it works. I didn't know about the black priest, for example, because any mention of royal weddings makes all of my senses shut down instantly. 
You and me both mate, I have zero interest in the royals. I had no idea she was mixed race, I had no idea a black priest did the ceremony, though I probably heard something at the time but it's not something I would ever remember. I think it's a huge reacb to say Baker should have known she was mixed race because she had a black priest marry her. 

 
You and me both mate, I have zero interest in the royals. I had no idea she was mixed race, I had no idea a black priest did the ceremony, though I probably heard something at the time but it's not something I would ever remember. I think it's a huge reacb to say Baker should have known she was mixed race because she had a black priest marry her. 
Would rather watch the washing machine go round than a televised ceremony.

Bit like any wedding- girls enjoy the Church bit whereas blokes can’t wait to escape for a fag and get bolloxed at the reception.

Got married on the hottest day ever in this country. Is was that boiling thought the vicar was gonna dunk his arse in the font.

 
  • Like
Reactions: dkw
Complete numpty. Stupid man.

I cant understand how people in the spot light make these sorts of gaffs on social media.... why take the risk? 

Probably deserves to be sacked for being so stupid, even if he wasn't intentionally, or subconsciously being a racist. 

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I used to enjoy listening to his radio shows but haven't tuned in for a few years now. Anyone who knows anything about him will know how much he hates racists and racism. He's a bright guy and in this day and age he should have thought a bit more carefully before posting the picture. I would have liked to have seen Danny throw this back at these moral nazis and ask them why they think of a black person when they see a chimp??? Danny Baker doesn't!!!

 
I used to enjoy listening to his radio shows but haven't tuned in for a few years now. Anyone who knows anything about him will know how much he hates racists and racism. He's a bright guy and in this day and age he should have thought a bit more carefully before posting the picture. I would have liked to have seen Danny throw this back at these moral nazis and ask them why they think of a black person when they see a chimp??? Danny Baker doesn't!!!
Maybe you should first ask yourself why neo-Nazis on the terraces have seen fit down the years to make monkey noises and throw bananas at black players. And then maybe you'll get your thinking the right way around.

 
Maybe you should first ask yourself why neo-Nazis on the terraces have seen fit down the years to make monkey noises and throw bananas at black players. And then maybe you'll get your thinking the right way around.
Because Nazis, Neo Nazis or whatever name they go by SEE black people as sub-human and closer to monkey's than humans.  Danny Baker doesn't have a racist bone in his body! Again, so when he sees a Chimp he doesn't think chimp & black person. It's those who see a chimp and associate them with black people who need to have a good look at themselves, not those who don't!                                                                                                    

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a big fan of Danny Baker and agree he's no racist, but it's pretty clear where the association of black people and  monkeys comes from, and it isn't from those you label 'moral Nazis. DB was an idiot for making that weird image. I'm really sorry he's lost his job at the BBC, but he can't really complain about the consequences of his actions.

 
He's too good at what he does to be out of work for long. Once the dust has settled he'll be back doing his stuff somewhere (although he probably doesn't need to work to be honest).

 
He's too good at what he does to be out of work for long. Once the dust has settled he'll be back doing his stuff somewhere (although he probably doesn't need to work to be honest).
That might have been true 20 years ago but no one's going to be in a hurry to hire a 60 year old who's caused a media storm about racist tweets. I'm not a royalist in the slightest but comparing a new born baby to a monkey whatever their background is hardly biting satire.

 
That might have been true 20 years ago but no one's going to be in a hurry to hire a 60 year old who's caused a media storm about racist tweets. I'm not a royalist in the slightest but comparing a new born baby to a monkey whatever their background is hardly biting satire.
Sure he made a bad judgment but many would understand what he meant whereas others just like to act outraged and wave the racist banner.

He's lucky to be in the comfortable position where he can accept offers if they do come but he doesn't need to work and will make money from writing anyway.

 
That might have been true 20 years ago but no one's going to be in a hurry to hire a 60 year old who's caused a media storm about racist tweets. I'm not a royalist in the slightest but comparing a new born baby to a monkey whatever their background is hardly biting satire.
You need to look past this one incident, he has ran with that kind of picture and royal occurrences for years, it was nothing to do with being racist at all, but nowadays nuance and logic is thrown out the window as everyone competes to be the most outraged on social media to show just how amazing they are. 

 
I'm a big fan of Danny Baker and agree he's no racist, but it's pretty clear where the association of black people and  monkeys comes from, and it isn't from those you label 'moral Nazis. DB was an idiot for making that weird image. I'm really sorry he's lost his job at the BBC, but he can't really complain about the consequences of his actions.
I didn't say the association came from the moral Nazis. I was just having a go at them for them once again looking to ruin  someones life or career for merely saying or doing somthing they see as politically incorrect or offensive.  In the news yesterday, one man has been taken to court because he refuses to address a 6ft 6  man, with a beard, as "madam".  This kind crap has got way out of hand. It's no longer even about equality for all, which is something most decent people want. They have actually become the narrow minded, intollerent extremists.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
That might have been true 20 years ago but no one's going to be in a hurry to hire a 60 year old who's caused a media storm about racist tweets. I'm not a royalist in the slightest but comparing a new born baby to a monkey whatever their background is hardly biting satire.
I'm also not a royalist and didn't find the picture funny either. What gets me is the baby isn't even a black baby. It's 75% white.                                                 

 
You need to look past this one incident, he has ran with that kind of picture and royal occurrences for years, it was nothing to do with being racist at all, but nowadays nuance and logic is thrown out the window as everyone competes to be the most outraged on social media to show just how amazing they are. 
I'm not saying Danny Baker is racist I'm saying that someone who writes comedy for a living as a scriptwriter etc should come up with something better than comparing a baby to a monkey it's setting the bar pretty low. He didn't come out of it well almost to the point of indifference. He doesn't seem to take criticism very well his GLR meltdown was proof of that, I did like 606 at the beginning but he was only doing what the likes of When Saturday Comes and football fanzines including our very own and brilliant Chelsea Independent had started a few years previous.

 
Back
Top