Dexter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who quit watching this because it was too boring?

Edit: Oh, and I simply could not stand the sister Debra!

I did find parts of it(season 2 I think) interesting but never really understood the high rating. Maybe it gets better as it goes on?

The one I am looking forward to the next season is this.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dexter boring? what the :P guess you should have kept watching because it gets better and better, trinity killer is still my favourite - thats season 4 I think.

 
I'm only half way through Series 5 at the moment, should get it finished before 6 starts. But I agree with Andreas, it gets so much better, Series 4 is probably the best series of tv I have ever watched, from any tv show.

 
I admit that I haven't seen the later seasons, but just like Lost, I didn't think the earlier episodes were interesting enough for me to keep watching the series in hope that it might/would get better later on.

 
I'm only half way through Series 5 at the moment, should get it finished before 6 starts. But I agree with Andreas, it gets so much better, Series 4 is probably the best series of tv I have ever watched, from any tv show.
Agree about Season 4. Stunning, it's up there with Twin Peaks for me. Came out of nowhere too, especially after Seasons 3 & 2 which were so-so. Lithgow was unreal.

Season 5 wasn't great I didn't think but so far it looking good for 6 I'd say...

 
OK, I opened the thread, but I've not read a single post, I'm spoiler free.

But what I will say is, you can stick your Two And A Half Men, Lost, Sex In The City up your arse, but when it comes

to Dexter, I think it's excellent, but thing to come out of America in a while.

 
Love it ! i understand getting bored during season 2, but ever since then the seasons have gotten better and better, quality show

 
So, I thought series 1 was stunningly good, and looked forward with high hopes to the second series. I found it predictable and dull, and it had lost both the edge and the humour that made the first so good.

So, seeing the comments above, is it a viable option to jump straight into series 4, or will I miss vital stuff from 2 and 3 that make series 4 make sense?

 
I wasn't really a massive fan of the first couple of seasons. I started to watch a bit more when Smits can in, but Lithgow was what really made the show.

 
Am I the only one who quit watching this because it was too boring?

Edit: Oh, and I simply could not stand the sister Debra!

I did find parts of it(season 2 I think) interesting but never really understood the high rating. Maybe it gets better as it goes on?

The one I am looking forward to the next season is this.
..or maybe you're a grown-up? :laugh2:

 
So, I thought series 1 was stunningly good, and looked forward with high hopes to the second series. I found it predictable and dull, and it had lost both the edge and the humour that made the first so good.

So, seeing the comments above, is it a viable option to jump straight into series 4, or will I miss vital stuff from 2 and 3 that make series 4 make sense?
Series 3 is probably the weakest of them all, it's still good, but I think you can skip it and go straight to series 4, maybe go back to it afterwards when you want to!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top