Greatest Movie Antagonists of All Time

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian M
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean he is an erupting volcano?
More like being the opposing force that the main character struggles against. Someone or something that causes the conflict for the protagonist and "puts the ball rolling" storywise.

 
I vote brian, in this thread.
What movie has Brian been in?
300.gif
icon_lol.gif


 
pesci in goodfellas is terrific.

surpassed only by pesci in home alone.

 
Robert De Niro as Max Cady in Cape Fear.
Good call...and De Niro definitely plays the character differently than Mitchum. Then again, the characters are not exactly the same in the original and the remake.

Talking of remakes and antagonists...one of the worst casting decisions in recent movie history has to be giving Vince Vaughn the role of Norman Bates in Gus Van Sant's remake of Psycho. Not that Vaughn is a terrible actor, but the way he looks in the movie, he might as well have "homicidal nutjob" written on his forehead.
icon_eek.gif


 
I dont think you can beat this man for a pure movie villain;

fp__stansfield_everyone.jpg


Other one's worth a mention; Spacey in Seven, Rob Partick in Terminator 2, or Joaquin Pheonix in Gladiator?

 
agree with Oldman.

Dennis Hopper in Blue Velvet - that was one f*cked up fella he played there!

 
Some others for your consideration:

1. Robert de Niro as Louis Cypher in Angel Heart

2. Robert Mitchum in Night of the Hunter

3. HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey (I don't give a flying f**k whether this fits into Brain's definition, HAL scares the crap out of me every time)

4. John Hurt as Caligula in I Claudius

 
christopher walken blows everything away in true romance....

 
p.s. Jaws is the best antagonist ever and he doesn't even have a speaking part. Now that is acting talent!(Although I must add that I wasn't too happy with the amount of nepotism on show when his family kept getting parts after his untimely death.)
On a similar note, how about the truck in Duel?

Arnie in the Terminator.

 
The truck in Duel and HAL are two more excellent shouts from the low IQ camp.

Anyone having

image031.jpg


When I was a nipper he gave me the heebie jeebies, and all these years later he gives my four year old the heebie jeebies. I believe he also antagonises occasionally in the film.

 
3. HAL in 2001: A Space Odyssey (I don't give a flying F*** whether this fits into Brain's definition, HAL scares the crap out of me every time)
Don't know about you, Mike. But I'm guessing he's known as Brain for a reason, so it might be an idea to listen to him once in a while...
247.gif


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top