Hello All!

Haha, I recently had time to kill and chatted to a Hungarian worker at a train station, shocked to find a could not pronounce basic words.

Out of interest what would you say is the largest second language spoken in Hungary?
I'm afraid we don't speak well enough English but maybe more and more people try to be better at it. Hungarian people is currently lagging behind its other countries for example German people who speak English fluently in general (for example Tuchel, Werner and Havertz ? ). 

In Hungary the two most popular foreign-language maybe English and German. 

Fun fact: foreign people often say "Hungry" not Hungary and our capital is not Bucharest because that is not the same as Budapest. But for example when Chelsea last played here against Videoton (2-2 under Sarri in the Europa League, I was there) Caballero posted to his Instagram page that the match was in Istanbul. ?

 
Back
Top