Linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

geezer

Senile old git
Messages
9,174
Reaction score
157
Anybody here on Linkedin? If so what's your opinion of it?

 
Isn't it a networking site for business persons? I have joined when given "requests" from colleagues, but I have not really gotten involved in it much. It provides you with email updates and stuff, but beyond that, I don't know much about it.

 
It is indeed a networking site for business professionals Philip. I joined a couple of weeks back and within three days had a headhunter (non-Chelsea related) pushing a lucrative job my way (so maybe it gets you quite high after all Cooke). I was just wondering whether anyone else had experienced anything similar.

 
I have used it Geezer, I have found it usefull for keeping in touch mostly with ex-colleauges on a professional basis such as ex-bosses.

I have got a couple recruitment specialists as contacts and they contact me every so often with opertunites.

all in all I proabbly log in about once a month, it is useful and I never receive any cr*p/spam from being on there.

 
Im on there, its what got me my current job actually.

Quite handy if you are looking to recruit someone , and as has been said for keeping in touch with old colleagues if you want to use them as contacts.

Id worry about anyone used it on a daily basis though!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with BJD good place to keep in touch with ex work mates and I know people who use it rather than recruitment agencies .

 
I've used it for a while, mainly to remind old contacts that I'm still up for freelance copywriting jobs.

There are loads of special interest groups, which vary in the quality of their posts, but can provide good info and industry news.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top