new Gaslights album ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjd

Unexplained item in bagging area
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
541
'got' it this week

i know there is some fans on here, has anyone heard it yet ? doesnt seem as instant as the last one but im really getting into it. its really pretty good.

thinking about catching them in Brum on 22/06

the-gaslight-anthem-american-slang.jpg


 
Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard the tracks - American Slang and Boxer - they've put out on My Space:

http://www.myspace.com/thegaslightanthem

and they've done an acoustic set with a couple more:

http://www.kexp.org/live/liveperformance.aspx?rID=31566

It's out in mid June. Like you, the songs haven't struck me the way the last album did. That was a cracker.

I saw them in Bristol early last year and they were superb live. I'd definitely go and see them again, but I can't make the Birmingham gig, sadly

 
Last album was superb so i will definitely be "finding" this. If its any good i will buy it.

 
Haven't heard any songs from it (didn't even know a new albm was coming out), but seeing how good the last album was I think this one can't be any better. And as our expectations are so high this might be a disappointment, even if it's not bad.

Will have to try and get a hold of it as soon as it comes out.

 
Springsteen sounds as young as ever, or is that just the NJ sound. Digging aside, I look forward to hearing it, the acoustic set is top drawer

 
I just love the acoustic set of songs. Brian Fallon really has a great voice. Don't know how many times I've listened to him singing "Here's looking at you kid" and "The '59 sound" on youtube.

By the way. I just found out that the new album will be out on my birthday here in Sweden so now I know what to ask for :)

 
I prefer Sink or Swim to '59 Sound, but I'll definitely check out the new one. The title track seems a bit forgettable, but Boxer is ok.

 
I've just finished it, and as bjd says, it'll for sure be a grower. I'm not fussed on the closing track, but there are some solid tracks on there, Stay Lucky, Boxer and Orphans are my favourites.

 
Love it, absolutely love it.

 
I'm not quite convinced yet. It's not bad, but I won't be rushing to buy it. I think I'll listen to it online a few more times to see if it grows on me.

 
I loved the '59 sound album and i can only say they did it again with American Slang. I heard them at Roskilde Festival this year and they did a really good show.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top