Nintendo Wii U - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight Times

First Team Regular
Messages
4,148
Reaction score
383
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19583826

Anyone else excited for this?

I am a fan of the XBox 360, but I just cannot say no when it comes to a new Nintendo console.

I've just per-ordered the premium model, because I know it's something me and my two young boys can

have some fun with.

Might go for these launch titles

New Super Mario Bros

FIFA 13

Rayman

Now it's out on November 30th, so now I'm wondering if I should book the day off, or better yet - put it away, and

give to the kids (and myself) at Christmas,

Not sure I can wait that long to be honest.

 
Not interested at all. If the console is able to sustain third party support, the touchscreen isn't a gimmick and the price comes down, I'll probably buy it, but I haven't had faith in Nintendo for quite some time.

 
I know what you mean, the Nintendo Wii was a huge disappointment for me, another console I bought a launch.

What bothered me most about the Wii, was the fact I couldn't just sit, relax and play a game, with the majority of them, I had to stand

up and wave the remotes, sometimes I just need to sit back on the sofa, and take it easy.

 
My biggest issue with it was that there were so few games that I wanted to just sit and play by myself and some of those were ruined by stupid, gimmicky motion controls. The Wii was always a hit at parties, because some of the 4 player games were incredible fun, but there was no appeal in owning the system myself when I could just walk to another dorm room and play with friends. Now that I've graduated uni, I need to make sure that there's enough single player appeal because obviously there isn't as much time for late night, drunken Wii Sports sessions in the adult world.

I'm definitely hoping they've learned their lesson, as Nintendo was a huge part of my childhood, but I can't help but feel that might be where they'll forever remain.

 
Shouldnt this be in the "kids" section..........

:laugh2:

 
I have a Wii it is more probably the most unused console I have ever owned! I don't think I'll be getting a Wii U when it comes out maybe in a years time when its a "wii" bit cheaper.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness the Wii was always aimed at people who play in groups, as a bit of fun, with a big emphasis on the younger crowd. The motion controls will appeal to some people as much as it fails to appeal to other people...though, it should be pointed out, the Wii has resulted in broken tv's across the world as people can't hold the controller at times lol

Nintendo has always catered for the younger market with their game selection. N64, Gamecube, Wii, have always had a more cartoony feel to them compard to Playstation, PS2, PS3, XBox, and the 360. I should note, I had a N64 as a kid, and loved it...regret getting rid of it, because some of the games were absolutely fantastic (Smash Brothers <3). I then however got a PS2 (and PS3 after that), and have had no real inclination to go back to Nintendo, because it's pretty obvious both the PS and 360 offer a more complete gaming experience, while Wii caters for crowds and kids, while still offering enough that will entice some actual gamers.

I can certainly see how people who have a PS and/or Xbox as well as a Wii would struggle to choose the Wii to play by themselves. As for the Wii U....I'd never heard about it till this thread (I'm a games enthusiast without paying much attention apparently haha). I experimented with a PSP when it first game out...that is my least used gaming device ever. Never liked it.

 
Blimey an adult game on a Nintendo machine....and yes I did jump and pooh myself just a little.

 
What makes this the "Official Thread"?
Putting the word "official" in a title makes it official. Thems the rules I`m afraid, we all have to play by them.

 
I pleaded with the mods to start an unofficial thread, but they were not having any of it, it actually got quite

violent at one point :biggrin:

I'd love it if 007 Legends made launch, huge Bond fan right here.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top