One step closer to Internet Governing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry, my eyesight is failing and the RSI in my right hand is playing up so I cant respond.

 
I am usually split on decisions of security, but this makes no sense at all. Young people have a natural interest in sexuality and it is wrong to think that porn is the root of whatever perceived malaise officials see in British society. Even if that were the case, it is a naive man who thinks any relatively tech-savvy youth wouldn't find their way around it, as the article Mod posted shows. And none of this justifies the intrusion of a government that seeks to replace the role of parents. A poorly thought-out decision.

I read somewhere that British politicians have this process of thinking: "Problem X exists. We should do something. This is something. Therefore, we should do it." This is as good an example as any.

 
I am usually split on decisions of security, but this makes no sense at all. Young people have a natural interest in sexuality and it is wrong to think that porn is the root of whatever perceived malaise officials see in British society. Even if that were the case, it is a naive man who thinks any relatively tech-savvy youth wouldn't find their way around it, as the article Mod posted shows. And none of this justifies the intrusion of a government that seeks to replace the role of parents. A poorly thought-out decision.

I read somewhere that British politicians have this process of thinking: "Problem X exists. We should do something. This is something. Therefore, we should do it." This is as good an example as any.
I thought young people were busy doing it, and that it was OLD people who watched the porn!! Whichever, I don't mind! Let people do what they want, as long as nobody is doing anything against his/her will.

If it were in teaching, they woujld have an "in-service day" on it, then they would say "Right, we've had an inservice day, so we've sorted it."

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top