Player of the Season so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why am I not surprised !!
icon_lol.gif
Is Joe 2nd ?
Whats that supposed to mean Tea Bar?!?!?!

No, Joe Cole has not played enough to warrant second place, that would go to JT, of course!

I put Carlo because I think that he has been really brave to take over from Cech - it is definitely a tough act to follow! Also, after not being rewarded with a winners medal for the last 2 seasons, I feel that he will really deserve one this season. He has done us proud.
TBB's response would have made more sense if Carlo had been my suggestion
icon_wink.gif


It's between Carlo (for the above given reason) and Essien (also for earlier stated reasons) for me.

 
I'm afraid I wouldn't have Carlo even in the short list. I don't see that what he is done is 'brave' - he is simply doing what squad players do - stepping in when required. If JT got injured and Boula stepped in to play as centre half and did OK but not great then would he be in contention?

Carlo has played OK but he has made a few mistakes and has generally looked a little lacking in authority.

 
I'm not talking to you anymore :)

Braveness in the face of adversity. Carlo stepped in and got knocked out for his trouble. After his recovery, he didn't flinch, but got on with his job. Sometimes that's worth more than flying like Harry Potter in front of goal, tipping out every ball.

 
It would be Drogs or Bison but Drog seems to be reverting to his tedious "diving and moaning" personnna.

So it is Essien for me by a distance.

Why is 'chocolate hands' Hilarious on the poll - you having a laugh? :)

 
Essien has excelled in about 3 different positions, so he just edges Drogba, imo.

I just hope we aren't tempting fate by giving out the POTY award in December...

 
Hilario for me cos........

no-one else has voted for him, he needs our blessings and I think he's done a pretty good job in the circumstances (apart from letting that bloody goal in against the arse).

 
Thought I'd just revisit this and vote for Drogba AGAIN!!!

Three goals in three games and ALL match winners at that. I know Essien has a good work rate but that don't necessarily win you games. Drogba does and for me he is far & away our best player up to now and more importantly the player we would miss most if he got injured (heaven forbid!!). We've done without Cech, Joe, JT and we can even go through games without Lamps, Essien and Maka. But no DD - doesn't bare thinking about.

 
essien has been great, but if we win anything this season, particularly the title, it will be cos of drogba...his goals have not only been crucial but have been of the highest quality

 
It's Essien for me, with Drogba a close second, and Ashley Cole a distant third.

Cheers,

Butch

 
drogba for me with essien second both the two stand out performers

although i think lamps, jt and carvalho deserve a mention lamps is back to his best, people saying we need more goals but infact now we have a striker who can score goals i think it is no coincedence that he hasnt scored as many

JT - need i say more he is the captain and the rock

Carvahlo - he has been brilliant this season, and gallas's presence in central defence at least has gone almost unoticed

 
Boulahcrap is player of the year for his impersonation of an all-in wrestler trying to come to terms with kicking a little round ball.

Two men stand out this season - Drog and ME - both outstanding.

 
Boulahcrap is player of the year for his impersonation of an all-in wrestler trying to come to terms with kicking a little round ball.Two men stand out this season - Drog and ME - both outstanding.
hahahahaha you really hate boulahrouz
icon_lol.gif


 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top