RIP John Noakes

charierre

An Untouchable
Messages
10,894
Reaction score
7,343
Sadly passed away , help make Blue Peter the show many children have grown up with and enjoyed.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sad news indeed. Blue Peter was my first favourite programme as a kid. Pretty sure I started watching it in about 1973/74.

Also ' Go with Noakes" which John Noakes did either near the end of his time with Blue Peter or just after he left. Or both ! Can't remember off hand.

 
RIP John. A great TV presenter. Enjoyed watching Blue Peter as a kid. He was part of one of the great line-ups in the show's history: alongside Peter Purves and Val Singleton. One of John's finest moments was when he climbed Nelson's column. Different attitudes to Health and Safety in those days.




 
Yeah climbing Nelsons column and also parachuting from I think five miles up !

A true tv legend.

 
Yeah climbing Nelsons column and also parachuting from I think five miles up !

A true tv legend.
Yes, it was five miles up. For many years he held the record for the highest parachute jump by a civilian. 

 
Back
Top