Songs About London

Status
Not open for further replies.
London Girl - The Jam

Sunny Goodge Street - Donovan

Chelsea Morning - Joni Mitchell

Chelsea Nightclub - The Members

Chelsea Girl - Nico

Hoover Factory - Elvis Costello

Portobello Road - Cat Stevens

London Bridge - Big Audio Dynamite

From Willesden To Cricklewood - Joe Strummer

London Boys - David Bowie

Up The Junction - Manfred Mann

 
Baker Street Muse - Jethro Tull

London Town - The Pretty Things

Chester Street - The Pretty Things

Billy Bentley - Kilburn and the High Roads

Carnaby Street - The Jam

Down in the Tube Station at Midnight - The Jam

Solo in Soho - Phil Lynott

Up The Junction - Squeeze

 
"Cause this sleepy London town, just ain't no place for a streetfighting man!!!"

 
Bus Driver's Prayer - Ian Dury

London Boys - Johnny Thunders

Common People - Pulp

Bar Italia – Pulp (I presume is the one in London)

 
When you've compiled the songlist, let us know what songs you chose...and in what order they come on the CD. Just being curious as I love to compile mixtapes/CDs.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Warwick Avenue...Duffy

Cool for Cats...Squeeze (in a shed up at Heathrow)

Wombles of Wimbledon Common...Wombles

London Bridge...Fergie

Dagenham Dave...the Stranglers

Waterloo Sunset...Kinks

One Man Band...Leo Sayer (down Ladbrooke Grove)

I dont want to go to Chelsea...Elvis Costello

Lola...the Kinks (in a club down in old Soho)

 
Okay, so far I've only got 7 that I really like... although I haven't tried all of them yet, but I have just designed my for the CD/iPhone:

streetsoflondonhh9.jpg


Thats what I've decided to call the album... now just to finish the song list - thanks for all your help so far.

PS- Warewolf in London has too much of a Alabama vibe, doesn't scream London to me...

Aww Mod, fix it :huh: :( :( :( says IMG tags are not allowed, barstads!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so far I've only got 7 that I really like... although I haven't tried all of them yet, but I have just designed my for the CD/iPhone:
streetsoflondonhh9.jpg


Thats what I've decided to call the album... now just to finish the song list - thanks for all your help so far.

PS- Warewolf in London has too much of a Alabama vibe, doesn't scream London to me...

Aww Mod, fix it :huh: :( :( :( says IMG tags are not allowed, barstads!
And tell us where we can buy it!

IMG tags - I find if I upload from Photobuckertthat it comes out with IMG followed by img - you need to delete one of them, and it doesn't seem to matter which.

 
Mr Fixit! Essex's answer to Jimmy Savile!

 
another one just came to me...

Je Suis un Rock Star...Bill Wyman (I met her in a Disco, In Battersea)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top