Transferring files onto iPads

bluedave

Gold Member
Messages
6,485
Reaction score
4,509
Anybody know an easy way to transfer video files from a Windows PC onto an iPad, preferably without buying extra software or uploading it to the 'cloud'? I've got a long flight coming up and want to make sure I've got stuff to watch that isn't completely sh*t. I was googling around and just found loads of links to dodgy looking software that are probably full of malware and who knows what else...

 
Whats the reason not using a cloud? Simplest method by far.

 
Whats the reason not using a cloud? Simplest method by far.
Mainly out of principle, but also due to a slow internet connection. As I type this I just got a ´sorry you don’t have enough bandwidth to play this right now? error from BBC iPlayer. 

 
Ah yea, it needs a good connection. The only other option is just to take the laptop?

 
Apparently the iCloud storage is limited to just 5 GB, which seems a bit stingy.

To answer my own question, I installed something called iMazing that lets you copy things onto the iPad. It looks legit and so far my laptop hasn't been hijacked by Russian neckbeards demanding a ransom. The free trial is limited to 100 files/folders but that'll do me for now.

 
@bluedave I have the VLC (vers 3.1.2) app on my ipad for a few years now, it allows me to upload Xvid movies onto the ipad through iTunes. been a lifesaver for upload kids films on to ipad. i even download youtube content and put that on the ipads.

https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-ios.html

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top