Who The Hell Is Captain Beefheart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not part of that generation either, but I think he used to be in Frank Zappa's band before forming his own band. He made(don't think he's active anymore) music that could be described as quite "out there". Trout Mask Replica is probably his best known album.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not part of that generation either, but I think he used to be in Frank Zappa's band before forming his own band. He made(don't think he's active anymore) music that could be described as quite "out there". Trout Mask Replica is probably his best known album.
Legendary experimental weirdo musician. Quite amusing, allegedly a genius and certainly unique. Strange song and album titles give an idea of his oddness ("Ice Cream for Crow").

Not exactly my cuppa tea, music-wise.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I actually scored a few of his albums from some bloke on vinyl, although I've yet to listen to them. He got the name "captain Beefheart" from a party trick which involved squeezing his manhood that hard toward the tip of the shaft, that he made it look like a heart made of beef!!

Wonder how long that will stay till the mids get rid of it

Scott

 
Saw Captain Beefheart supporting Pink Floyd at Knebworth in 1975.

Can't remember anything about him though, was there to see the Floyd!

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top