Lucas Moura to Old Trafford

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

If tabloids are to be believed, Lucas Moura is heading to Old trafford with a bid of 26million pounds. I for one will be gutted to see Lucas at Old Trafford. What happened to the 35m pounds bid we made for the guy last season which was rejected. Roman, please don't let Lucas go to Old Trafford. Lucas can play well as a RW and if we bid 30m pounds far less than Hulk's price and with a lesser salary to booth. Yes he is a little bit raw but imagine what a superstar he will be if carefully nutured. Please Roman, whatever you do,,, don't let old red nose have Lucas.

We bid for him, it was rejected, said he wanted to stay until 2014. Don't see him going to united. If we were to get him, we'd have one of the best attacks in the world within 3 years, hazard, Mata, Lucas, pace, vision, trickery..

No point in buying a player just so another team can't have them. It's either him or Oscar, we can't have both. He would get more games over there too as both our wings are already sufficiently covered without another purchase to be honest.

Don't forget Oscar plays RW too so I don't really see the problem, sucks that United will get him but oh well you can't win them all.

Good player but I don't think we need another small and tricky guy. That's what hazard 'n marin were signed for. Oscar suits us more - vision, links defence with attack and is hard working.

Still would prefer he went real or inter though obviously.

I don't understand the hype for this guy, even the youtube videos don't make him seem that good. Yes he is fast, but so are walcott and lennon. Obviously I must be missing something for so many clubs to want him, but personally I wouldn't be too gutted if he went to united.

What I don't understand is not long ago Lucas said he was staying in brazil (like neymar) till 2014. Now all of a sudden he's linked to manure...?

Some players will always be linked with other teams even if they've said they're going to stay. It's the same with Neymar.

And maybe Lucas really liked ManU, so even if they want him a bit sooner than he wants to leave he might change his mind and go for it just to be able to play for ManU.

Potentially their biggest and most important signing for many a year IMO.

Reading the views of many United fans they are more excited by the prospect of signing Lucas than they are at getting RVP. Rightly so.

Anybody calling him a Walcott and Lennon clone are talking nonsense. Reminds me of those folks last close season saying Aguerro was overrated and too lightweight for the EPL !

The power, pace and trickery Lucas has when running with the ball is superb. I'm excited at the prospect of him coming to the EPL, only wish it was with us.

I saw Lucas Moura play in a friendly quite a while ago (must be a couple of years) and I was stunned by how fast he was over a short distance. Stunningly quick. I think Oscar is a bit more of a rolls royce to Moura's Ferrari - and I like that.

I saw Lucas Moura play in a friendly quite a while ago (must be a couple of years) and I was stunned by how fast he was over a short distance. Stunningly quick. I think Oscar is a bit more of a rolls royce to Moura's Ferrari - and I like that.

Roman is rich enough to afford a Rolls Royce and a Ferrari.

Ferguson really wants the kid. Had one bid turned down and has gone straight back in with another higher offer.

Only found out today that Lucas was at Juve as a boy.

He'd also replace nani I reckon. So don't think he'd make them that much stronger.

More of a replacement for Young but yeah he won't make that much of a difference to them unless he can play in midfield which I don't think he can.

No point in buying a player just so another team can't have them. It's either him or Oscar, we can't have both.

Of course we can have both.

I'm reluctant to believe this story, because it doesn't seem to make any sense from Sao Paulo's perspective. Inter have had multiple bids rejected. We allegedly bid quite a bit more and were turned down. If he goes to Man U for the rumored fee, then Ferguson clearly has hired some favela thugs and they have Juvencio's family in microondas ready to be lit.

Edited by That Boy Brandinho

Now being reported on the radio that he is staying at Sao Paulo.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lucas-moura-to-manchester-united-sao-1162629

Disappointed I won't get to see him in the EPL, delighted that he won't be going to United.

Gamble for their President. If he burns it up for another seaon at Sao Paulo and for the Brazilina national side his valuation goes up to 50 - 60 million, if he stalls the price goes down. Bet Lucas' agent is mortified.

I don't think it's much of a gamble, to be honest. Barring a significant, career-altering injury, they'll be able to get 26 MP for him next year even if he doesn't have the season they expect. In my opinion, the odds are strongly in Sao Paulo's favor. Keep him a year and if he makes a leap forward, they can double their money easily. If he stagnates, as long as he's healthy, they'll still get the same fee they've been offered this year.

That article seems awfully sensationalist, at any rate, with the bit about Juvencio being "bombarded by criticism from his closest advisors". The article also refers to Manchester as his "dream move" even though he's been quoted as saying he's always wanted to play for Inter.

It never made sense when stories of 26m being accepted for him broke as we had offered much more than that last season. They would be mad not to expect at least as much as we offered. Now this makes more sense. We should probably put one more cheeky bid of the same amount as last year. See if they want to do business and if they dont then he's not going to United anyway. We can always try next season.

• 2 weeks later...

The new rumour is that Inter are now leading the chase for him, with a transfer fee already agreed with Sao Paulo. Probably not accurate, but I'd rather he go there than Old Trafford, that's for sure.