Issue with the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

First Team Regular
Messages
2,317
Reaction score
2
So, in the last day or so, whenever I navigate to a new page on the forum, it instantly shift to the very bottom of the page, rather than allowing me to scroll there at my leisure. Is this a function you guys have put in to get people to the newest post asap, or has summat gone wrong with my laptop?

It's not life or death, but is a bit annoying, especially if you go to a thread with a lot of posts on the page, and you haven't read many/any of them yet.

Thoughts/remedies would be much appreciated.

Ta!

 
If you click the topic from the index page (or last topic link on the right of screen), it will take you to the last post in that topic that you read (so all the posts in that topic since you last logged in)

If you click each category then click the topic name within the forum, it should take you to first post of topic.

 
I have noticed this too. It's nothing to do with being taken to the last topic. It is a change to the normal behaviour.

 
I'm not really understanding what's happening? Has this only just started and nothing to do with last posts in topics?

 
It's always done that for me, when I click on the 'latest post' tab.

 
What is happening is this:

Click on a topic and instead of taking you to the top of the page it jumps to the very bottom. This could be a thread you've visited before or a brand new one.

it started happening for me the other day but it does seem random as it doesn't always do it.

 
having just typed that post and added it, instead of returning me to my post as normal it took me to the Fast Reply box.

and then when I clicked on View New Posts it took me to the bottom of the list of new topics.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
yes, it's a random thing! Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn;t. Must be a female thing. I blame Mrs Kenyon!

 
Not sure what it is, not getting anything like that this end.

 
Hmmm

All rather odd.

I find that:

if I click on the 'Last Post' link on the index page it takes me to the foot of the thread

but if I click on 'View new posts' then click on a link to a thread it takes me to the top of the thread

and if I click into a specific forum then clickon a link to a thread it takes me to the top of the thread

I have hunted around the configuration settings and so far can't dinf anything where you can change this.

 
It happens to me as well, after my last post it sent me directly to the bottom of this page, the true bottom, not the bottom post, its all Mods doing, hes hacked the forum so we all have to view that bloody google advert at the footer :search:

 
Yep just done it again, latest offer a CFC duvet. :search:

 
I find that this gets reported a lot a work too. 99% of the time there is an error in the chair/keyboard interface - Might be a good place to start looking Mod!

 
glad to hear I'm not being stupid, it does seem weird though!

Like others have said, I always click 'view new posts' when I come to the forum, and in the last few days, every time I then click on a topic, old or new, t takes me to the very bottom of the page. Certainly not what it was doing a week ago, so something has gone awry.

 
glad to hear I'm not being stupid, it does seem weird though!Like others have said, I always click 'view new posts' when I come to the forum, and in the last few days, every time I then click on a topic, old or new, t takes me to the very bottom of the page. Certainly not what it was doing a week ago, so something has gone awry.
Working fine for me - you sure your computer doesnt need a new flint?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top