What a treat for Friday morning - Thanks all !
He is always likely to be my greatest of all time - if he was playing today he would be the best in the world and was massively underrated outside of Chelsea.
I think to a lot of Chelsea fans he was overtaken by Drogba which I can understand and the generation just older than me would say Ossie, again I completely understand.. but my case for Zola :
His tenacity and skill was like Messi
His love for the fans and the club was like Ossie
He did it in big games and against big clubs like Drogba
The only player to get a standing ovation from the press
....and what this film does not show and important to me as someone who never missed a match in those days
He gave 100%, 100% of the time, he never stopped, his head never really went down and he covered most of the pitch, If today’s statisticians where around he would break their laptops