2015 Women's World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
good tight matches today - tomorrow Canada v England - that should be very interesting

 
Do they say "man on"? If not what word for woman do they use?

Really enjoying the tournament so far, lots of quality and a lot less cheating than the men's game.

 
England will be lucky to get through this tonight, they've been second best in all departments except finishing, if Canada had taken their chances they would be out of sight.

The England centre forward is a very decent player!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
England through to the Semi Finals, they'll need to improve on that performance if they want to beat Japan or Germany/USA. I think they ll struggle to go any further if tonight was the best they've got.

 
Massive congratulations to the women's team on reaching the semi-final. 

Puts the recent showings of the men's teams both senior and Under 21's to shame. 

 
Looking forward to the game tonight.. watched the Yanks beat the Germans last night, was a decent game, Germany ran out of steam.. 

I've enjoyed the Women's World Cup, there's been some cracking goals and some great football been played. I never thought I'd be in to ladies football but it's been decent, I'm just hoping England can do the business tonight, the blokes ought to take note.

Sampson's squad are only the third England team to reach a World Cup semi final, after the 1990 men's side and the 1966 World Cup winners. Fair play to 'em! We're at an age where ladies have more bo**ocks than blokes! I admire them for getting as far as the semi's. Anything from here is a bonus! They should be very proud of themselves!  ::clap2::

 
Last edited by a moderator:
What a brutal way to go out for the women, have to feel bad for Bassett.  I hope the press give the women a good welcome home and don't vilify them.  However, imagine that was Cahill for the men's team...he'd be hounded out the country.

 
Do they say "man on"? If not what word for woman do they use?

Really enjoying the tournament so far, lots of quality and a lot less cheating than the men's game.
On the "cheating" part...sorry, can't help you with the man on shout; It is something I've noticed too.  I've seen a fair few challenges fly in and the women get up and get on with it, or stay down a bit with minimal fuss.  Additionally, the women are playing on astro-turf which isn't the most forgiving.

The semi's have been marred a little withe the 4 penalty claims.

US, last defender denying a goal scoring opportunity, only gets yellow.

US, looks to have been fouled outside the box but gets the penalty.

Japan, foul committed outside area, gets a penalty.

England, possible dive, gets penalty.

 
What a heartbreaking way to go out of a World Cup! The own goal was a screamer though...

Neither of those penalties should have stood. Ours was a great bit of diving and theirs wasn't even inside the box.

Really proud of the Lionesses though, really went for it!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Felt really bad for England last night, what a way to go out!

 
What a heartbreaking way to go out of a World Cup! The own goal was a screamer though...

Neither of those penalties should have stood. Ours was a great bit of diving and theirs wasn't even inside the box.

Really proud of the Lionesses though, really went for it!
The men's team could learn a thing or two from them don't you think.

 
I know everyone is pointing to the US to win it on Sunday, but one point to make about Japan. They have won all of their matches in this WC. This won't be a walk in the park for the Lady Yanks.

 
I know everyone is pointing to the US to win it on Sunday, but one point to make about Japan. They have won all of their matches in this WC. This won't be a walk in the park for the Lady Yanks.
Once again I realise I'm not everyone :-)

 
I just realized that The English Women have never defeated Germany in footie. Talking about motivation, there is a ton right there.

 
Soft pen but by the letter of the law it was a foul. Nicely taken anyway. 

 
Well done to the English ladies.  Big win and a good advertisement for the women's game, they should be proud.

The final today is going to be interesting as even if the US do go ahead, I'm sure they'll remember last final where they let a 2 goal lead slip against Japan.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top