Jimboola69
First Team Squad
- Messages
- 1,068
- Reaction score
- 0
My mates and I played this last night (while on the lash - god my head hurts) for our teams (Chelsea, Pompey and Man Ure) so I thought it would be good to bring to the forums.
Basically we come up with a 5 point plan of ACHIEVEABLE plans to maximise success for our beloved club next season.
Oh and justify them (of course).
Jimboola's provisional 5
(in later posts I may change my mind, especially if someone makes me believe in their vision).
1. Buy Tevez. As I have said until EVERYONE is blue in the face, this man is EXACTLY the man we need. With a restored Joey in the middle next year at the head of the diamond, and Tevez playing off Drog/Sheva (rotate them dammit) we would have true guile and creativity sadly lacking last season when we used Drog to hammer home with sheer brute force last season. Critics called us boring...sadly they were right.
2. Sacrifice the League Cup. Sure it is nice to win, but if we do not try the kids here where do they come through? (with some experience used of course)
How about this for a starting XI
Cudicini
Diara
Manciene
Boula/Alex/Ben Haim *
Bridge/Cole *
Mikel
Jimmy Smith
Woods
SWP
Sahar
Sinclair/Kalou *
I think variations of that XI would do well, while making sure that the likes of Lamps, Drog and Maka are not so damned shattered as we reach the end of season run in. The * indicates a preference to who has played least that seasn.
3. Sort out our PR staff/office. Our PR in recent seasons has been a joke and despite my feelings for the club everytime I see Peter Kenyon or Simon Greenberg on the TV I think "God they really do come across as slimy scumballs". So firstly stop them appearing on TV, secondly get in some proper professionals who do PR for top people to spin things right. How we could become Britains most hated with Scousepool and Man Ure around being odious is truly beyond me.
4. Sort out the Stamford Bridge pitch. Yes it is affected by a water-table, yes the stadium design is not good for the grass etc etc etc. But come on, we are cash rich yet have a pitch standard that most locals commons would laugh at. The only way that our pitch is superior to the local pitches near me is that our pitch has less dog turds on it...except when we entertain Liverpool.
5. Have a dedicated noise section at the bridge. Apparently this has already been done in some clubs in Germany, especially one really commie loving club. Basically we are talking about an area of only a few hundred who are allowed to bring in previously 'okayed' drums, rattles, trumpets, hooters etc. I know at the bridge we have lots of African boys and West Indians...get a good (steel) drumming going! It has to be worth a try!
So there we go. The definative 5. Taking from me getting lashed, although I am not totally sure those were the 5...but anyway. They are the definative five...until I hear better.
EDit - For spelling etc...
Basically we come up with a 5 point plan of ACHIEVEABLE plans to maximise success for our beloved club next season.
Oh and justify them (of course).
Jimboola's provisional 5
(in later posts I may change my mind, especially if someone makes me believe in their vision).
1. Buy Tevez. As I have said until EVERYONE is blue in the face, this man is EXACTLY the man we need. With a restored Joey in the middle next year at the head of the diamond, and Tevez playing off Drog/Sheva (rotate them dammit) we would have true guile and creativity sadly lacking last season when we used Drog to hammer home with sheer brute force last season. Critics called us boring...sadly they were right.
2. Sacrifice the League Cup. Sure it is nice to win, but if we do not try the kids here where do they come through? (with some experience used of course)
How about this for a starting XI
Cudicini
Diara
Manciene
Boula/Alex/Ben Haim *
Bridge/Cole *
Mikel
Jimmy Smith
Woods
SWP
Sahar
Sinclair/Kalou *
I think variations of that XI would do well, while making sure that the likes of Lamps, Drog and Maka are not so damned shattered as we reach the end of season run in. The * indicates a preference to who has played least that seasn.
3. Sort out our PR staff/office. Our PR in recent seasons has been a joke and despite my feelings for the club everytime I see Peter Kenyon or Simon Greenberg on the TV I think "God they really do come across as slimy scumballs". So firstly stop them appearing on TV, secondly get in some proper professionals who do PR for top people to spin things right. How we could become Britains most hated with Scousepool and Man Ure around being odious is truly beyond me.
4. Sort out the Stamford Bridge pitch. Yes it is affected by a water-table, yes the stadium design is not good for the grass etc etc etc. But come on, we are cash rich yet have a pitch standard that most locals commons would laugh at. The only way that our pitch is superior to the local pitches near me is that our pitch has less dog turds on it...except when we entertain Liverpool.
5. Have a dedicated noise section at the bridge. Apparently this has already been done in some clubs in Germany, especially one really commie loving club. Basically we are talking about an area of only a few hundred who are allowed to bring in previously 'okayed' drums, rattles, trumpets, hooters etc. I know at the bridge we have lots of African boys and West Indians...get a good (steel) drumming going! It has to be worth a try!
So there we go. The definative 5. Taking from me getting lashed, although I am not totally sure those were the 5...but anyway. They are the definative five...until I hear better.
EDit - For spelling etc...