66 today (08/01)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with the dumbass heckling, then? You know he's in King Crimson, you know he played on "Heroes" and you perfectly well know what I meant. :face_palm:

 
Saying that Fripp is in King Crimson is a bit of an understatement. He's the soul of it, there's no KC without Fripp.

I see your point (wouldn't Fripp help any cover?), but I don't necessarily agree that that's the main factor. Yes, no one else could come close to imitating Fripp's soundscapes, but I believe it is possible to do a good cover of it with a more conventional guitar sound. The KC version omits entirely the drone sounds of Eno's synth, but not missing it at all.

What I think helps the cover the most is that Belew really feels the song and his performance is not lacking in character or emotions compared to Bowie. (Yes, I know he's toured with Bowie - right after David poached him from Zappa  :wink: )

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Great news about the new album, but I also worry for it. Hopefully he does himself justice, and I would tell anyone who hasnt really heard much from him to get his older stuff and be ready to be blown away. A proper musical genius.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top