WhiteWall
Legend
- Messages
- 12,142
- Reaction score
- 11,950
After we've sold it to ourselves of course. That's next year's PSR squeeze sorted.The owners are probably gonna sell our academy to get this done.
After we've sold it to ourselves of course. That's next year's PSR squeeze sorted.The owners are probably gonna sell our academy to get this done.
I'd rather we went and got Joshua Zirkzee and kept 60m in our pocketsI still do believe we will get him, but can believe we are trying to.
Newcastle would rather anyone else be sold for PSR relief but are said to be getting desperate
Today's claims are that we would be willing to spend the 100mill plus to help Newcastle out, and in return Newcastle would by one of Gallagher, Jackson, Chalobah and/or Broja after July 1 when PSR resets.
Hell No! His agent Kia Joraabchian wants a €15m commission on top of his release clause. He is a West Ham level forward, and they are not crazy enough to buy another forward from Serie A after Scamacca turned out to be a bust.I'd rather we went and got Joshua Zirkzee and kept 60m in our pockets
Well, firstly have you seen where we sit in the agent's fees table. Why do you think these players want to join Chelsea. The project? What project.Hell No! His agent Kia Joraabchian wants a €15m commission on top of his release clause. He is a West Ham level forward, and they are not crazy enough to buy another forward from Serie A after Scamacca turned out to be a bust.
Agree with this. Jackson frustrates us all, but hard to argue his stats from first season in PL. We all sit here and think what those numbers could, or should, have been. I think he is more than worth persisting with.On Zirkzee. Having seen him play plenty of games with Rsca. Please no. I know he have developed in the meanwhile as it's been some years. But, this should not be our aim. I am not a Jackson fan for the 9 position, but then I rather stay another season with him as the main man and that we look next season for a real upgrade.
But I thought the point of the Sporting directors was that they buy players for the club and the coach just coaches the players? We have no idea how long Maresca will be our coach. It might not be very long at all.Also we need to think of the types of players that Maresca wants.
I agree but we seems to have suddenly moved away from big target players and more for these strikers that drop deep and get midfielders to join. I think he changed Vardy to do more of this role as well.But I thought the point of the Sporting directors was that they buy players for the club and the coach just coaches the players? We have no idea how long Maresca will be our coach. It might not be very long at all.
Tuchel got the striker he wanted and how did that work out for us? Aubamyangy. . .
I am sure Maresca will get some players he wants.
AND why would anyone want Isak anyways? Jackson is just as good and probably better in the long run.
Then we already have that player in Nkunku maybe?I agree but we seems to have suddenly moved away from big target players and more for these strikers that drop deep and get midfielders to join. I think he changed Vardy to do more of this role as well.
Absolutely right, if he can stay fit. It's what Williams would have been ideal target instead, but his wage demands are too high and I can't see Sterling going anywhere on his money. If Williams is out of the picture then a forward that works in Maresca's system with Nkunku taking up that wider position and drifting in could work well, I supposeThen we already have that player in Nkunku maybe?
It is easy to argue his stats from last season.....very easy.Agree with this. Jackson frustrates us all, but hard to argue his stats from first season in PL. We all sit here and think what those numbers could, or should, have been. I think he is more than worth persisting with.
Definitely an area he can improve on with critical, big moment goals and goals against bigger opposition. Saying that, Drogba wasn’t the big game player in season one either.It is easy to argue his stats from last season.....very easy.
As I have said before, Jackson rarely scored goals that "mattered", and whilst Jackson had a respectable return of 14 league goals this season - the context of those goals should also be noted.
Jacksons EPL goals
25 Aug v Luton. 3rd goal of a 3v0 win. Effectively meaningless.
7 Oct v Burnley. 4th goal of a 4v1 win. Effectively meaningless.
6 Nov v Spurs. Hatrick. Goals 2, 3 and 4 in a 4v1 win. Goals in the 94th and 97th min as spurs went all out attack despite having 2 players sent off. The winning goal, with the other 2 adding to the gloss, but effectively meaningless.
12 Nov v Man City. Our 3rd goal in a 4v4 draw. A big goal
16 Dec v Sheff Utd. 2nd goal in a 2v0 win. Not a winning goal - but made the game more comfortable.
02 March v Brentford. Opening goal in a 2v2 draw. A big goal.
11 March v Newcastle. Opening goal in 3v2 win. A big goal.
15 April v Everton. 4th goal in a 6v0 win - Effectively meaningless.
2 May v Spurs. 2nd goal in 2v0 win. Not a winning goal - but made the game more comfortable.
5 May v West Ham. Goal 4 and 5 in 5v0 win. Effectively meaningless.
11 May v Forest. Winning goal in 3v2 win. The winning goal.
So out of 14 goals - 7 were effectively meaningless and made no difference to the outcome, other than our Goal difference. The other 6 were meaningful, as they either opening the scoring, drew us level, or were winners.
When looked at in this context - his goal output isnt so commendable and therefore, his contribution is easy to argue against.