Android tv box

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is but it isn't the streams like wizwig or whatever we usually pick up, I think its foreign tv stations and the streams are good quality (thats what I've been told) I think DKW or Undertow would be the ones to ask.
I had an XBMC box fully loaded, biggest problem was buffering, so I flogged it and downloaded XBMC straight on my MAC notebook and upped the internet package and its very good, so much so cancelled the cable all together.  Takes a while to find the right streams once you loaded the right Add Ons, but once you get going brilliant.  I watch most Brit TV, HBO series etc,some of the TV streaming is not that great depending on what channel but watchable, movies from Icefilms and others are HD quality.  Haven't missed a CFC game all season even get CFC TV.  You can go to XBMChub.com and get instructions in terms of loading and best Addons.  I am certainly no geek, but hey Chippy if I can do it at my age you should have no problem.

 
I just used Ubuntu and XBMC for one of my boxes. Works brilliantly. Fortunately for me, I have enough hardware around to be able to just allocate one as a streaming machine and that's that.

Funny enough, I have a second one running Windows and XBMC. It's not bad, but Windows is nearly not lightweight enough for the hardware that it's on.

 
Cheers undertow, looks good. How's the air mouse work?
Takes some practice to get used to but to be honest I rarely use it, I have the mouse pointer hidden in xbmc and navigate with the buttons only.

 
I got myself one of these at the weekend. Its not a bad little thing. The problem is my internet is slow as f**k so buffering is a bit of an issue.

 
I got myself one of these at the weekend. Its not a bad little thing. The problem is my internet is slow as f**k so buffering is a bit of an issue.
Have you tried port forwarding on your router?

 
Right, in terms of live sport (because  this is probably the only reason Ill buy one of these) whats the quality like. I have 40  meg which actually probably performs more around the 30 - 35 but I'm sure it must be more then enough (no?) 

But for the majority of football games out of 10 where would you place the quality, 10 being HD 1 being a complete blury mess that pauses all the time? 

 
on the sky box f5 i have (10 quid a month for everything), it is sky sports / bt sport etc HD, actual channel feed, comes in from the dish... not a stream.

Got everything imaginable, even PPV boxing.

The menu / user interface is absolutely terrible...but it has hundreds of channels, so i dont care about the interface, obviously!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
on the sky box f5 i have (10 quid a month for everything), it is sky sports / bt sport etc HD, actual channel feed, comes in from the dish... not a stream.

Got everything imaginable, even PPV boxing.

The menu / user interface is absolutely terrible...but it has hundreds of channels, so i dont care about the interface, obviously!

Zola... this doesn't help!!!! 

 
Open ports are used to allow a connection in to your network from the Internet. You open them by finding out what port a device is allocated on your router and then you forward it. There's guides depending on the router, just Google it.

 
It basically opens up a dedicated doorway to stream through, rather than a little gap which everything else is also coming through too.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top