Another amazing performance for mikel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearnley

In the Ressies
Messages
531
Reaction score
7
Sarcasm...of course this is all just a knee jerk reaction because he proved his class last season...

 
youll find that im one of the most vocal mikel bashers on these boards, but he had a good game tonight

 
He looked like the Mikel of old tonight. Seems like he is getting his fitness back, which is great because he is a very important player for us when at his best. F**k the haters. Mikel is awesome.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the game where he was subbed and we went on to score 3 goals and win the game 1 of which came from a Gary cahill cameo in midfield...coincidence?

 
I watched the game where he was subbed and we went on to score 3 goals and win the game 1 of which came from a Gary cahill cameo in midfield...coincidence?
Mikel was faultless.

Both Ivanvic and Cahill were suspect defensively but because they scored everybody will naturally overlook that. JT looked way off the pace as well.

 
Amazing? Hmmm.....

He was alright, like he often is against limited oppositon , but no more. No need to go over the top.

He is doing enough to maintain his place in the first xi but is he our long term answer in that role ?

Not for me and never has been.

 
I watched the game where he was subbed and we went on to score 3 goals and win the game 1 of which came from a Gary cahill cameo in midfield...coincidence?
Is your understanding of the game seriously this rudimentary? Correlation is not causation. Taking Mikel out when Robbie did was the right decision because Sturridge's introduction overwhelmed Reading defensively and opened up just enough space in the middle of the pitch for us to exploit. At that point in the game, they were mostly sitting back and a holding midfielder wasn't necessary. That doesn't change the fact that Mikel played well when he was on the pitch.

 
That was MIkel's best game in a while. Wrong time to hate on him since they're have been plenty of opportunites in the past few weeks. :p

 
I dont think some of you know what Mikels role in the squad is. Its clear that you have no idea how to judge him and dont understand what playing defensive mid in a two man pivot means. I dont think you would recognize a solid performance if it kicked you in the nuts.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Did you really have to make a new thread about this? I like many others on here don't think mikel is needed in games like this as he slows our play down and is pretty much a spare part. Against the weaker teams i would like to see someone more mobile who can get the ball and give it quicker.

No problems with playing him in the big games against the top sides as he gives our midfield a more solid base.

I to thought he did nothing wrong tonight so don't think this thread was needed.

 
I dont think some of you know what Mikels role in the squad is. Its clear that you have no idea how to judge him and dont understand what playing defensive mid in a two man pivot means. I dont think you would recognize a solid performance if it kicked you in the nuts.
I bet you don't know what it means either.

 
It's fair to say that there were at least nine other players more worthy of criticism out on the pitch tonight than our midfield lynchpin Mikel.

 
Anyone to critisize Mikel is out of their mind, the man puts out fires all over the pitch and has a calmness on the ball like no other. He is quality and hes only now starting to peak, hes got veteren experience and is still VERY young. He will be massive this year.

 
Well it's obvious a lot of people disagree with my opinion which I am a big man and I can take but one thing I could say for sure is had maka or essien been our DM in that position would they have been substituted in the 68th minute to go for the win? The answer is no as these two were head and shoulders above mikel, if we needed someone to keep the ball and slow play down we might as well have just kept Mceachran who has tons more threat in terms of vision. He should be expecting to play well but there are moments in the last 2 games where had we been playing a better side where he would have been exposed and I fail to believe he is developing into this awesome DM role

 
This thread is embarrassing for the guy who craeted it. Seriously you have made a bit of a fool of yourself pal- Mikel was decent tonight how ever much your deluded little mind thinks otherwise. I am no fan of Mikel but this is just ridiculous.

I was at the game and the general consensus from myself and everyone around me in fact that was Mikel put in a decent shift and on the night was better than Frank in the deeper midfield roles, who was guilty of giving the ball away on many occasions. There were subpar performances from others on the night- Ramires, Cech, even Ivanovic depsite the goal at the end so to single out Mikel is pathetic.

Anyway, we won in a pulsating and fantastic game to watch so get a grip and enjoy it.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top