Any thoughts on team / club so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHFBlue

Youth Team
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Does anyone have the feeling that something isn't quite right at the club just now ... no real marquee signing, arguments with Eva, JT subbed and the general malaise of our players ... Hazard been anonymous so far, fabregas quiet, no created chances for Costa.. just feels to me that there is something going on in the background and it's affecting the players ... any thoughts ?

 
Just a little blip, im confident Mourinho and the board will have us back on track by the end of the month.

I don't think there is anything particularly sinister going on, just a few mistakes that can be rectified as long as the board and Mourinho still have a good working relationship, which a new 4 year deal would suggest is the case.

 
The only real rectification are signing the right players for weak positions. The rest will fall in place once that is done. If the current first team selection persists, Chelsea will struggle to break into the top 4.

 
I think our core players are still suffering from fatigue, we haven't done well in the transfer market and we have a champions hangover. Those things have piled up to us playing bad.

I also think Jose might have subbed off JT and Cuadrado on to hint Roman we need a new cb and to get rid of Juan. This was suggested in the SkySports studio and to me it made sense.

 
I think we have the Champions hangover, the hunger disappears, the team is fatigued and in need of freshening up. There's been no marquee signings to freshen up the team and keep people on their toes either. I do think it's just a blip though and I actually think the City defeat might give us a kick up the arse.

 
Ran into the ground, not enough good competition for places, not enough ideas.

 
It's weird that we went into last season super prepared but went into this season amazingly unprepared, even though last season's second half exposed a lot of the squad and Jose's tactical weaknesses. We had all the evidence in the world. Personally by late June when we'd been linked with no one, and later when other sides had already trained and played 2 preseason games while we were still on the beach, I knew we would probably not retain the league. Saying that I felt it in the last months of last season. No way could we repeat the same strategy and get away with it. I guess that's why I'm not that mad, I made my peace with it in March.

 
We always used to start the season on fire, playing exhilarating football and smashing teams but we always used to burn out after Christmas and struggle after that

It got me thinking about Utd under Fergie...they always used to start the season slow but after a while they picked it up and became unstoppable and went on to win the League

Might be that Mourinho has tried an approach similar to Utd and Fergie to stop us from burning out 

 
Does anyone have the feeling that something isn't quite right at the club just now ... no real marquee signing, arguments with Eva, JT subbed and the general malaise of our players ... Hazard been anonymous so far, fabregas quiet, no created chances for Costa.. just feels to me that there is something going on in the background and it's affecting the players ... any thoughts ?
I made a thread yesterday saying the same thing. theres something seriously going on behind the scenes. He's been moody and grouchy all summer.

 
No major surgery required, just some rethinks.  Our central defence is susceptible to pace, we got away with it last season, but have been found out this year.  I think a re-jig of the defence is needed, and maybe (heaven forbid) it's time for JT to take a more secondary role.  Zouma (or Ivan) with Cahill (or Terry) would give us some more pace at CB, with Dave and Rahman as FB's.  

I like when we play Cesc next to Matic, but this doesn't work in the big games as Cesc lacks the defensive discipline as demonstrated yesterday.  That's where I'd like to see a "marquee" signing, but other that Pogba have no ideas who...a twenty year old Essien please!

 
I made a thread yesterday saying the same thing. theres something seriously going on behind the scenes. He's been moody and grouchy all summer.
Maybe he's still pissed off about the mess BT made in his front room filming the advert.

 
We always used to start the season on fire, playing exhilarating football and smashing teams but we always used to burn out after Christmas and struggle after that

It got me thinking about Utd under Fergie...they always used to start the season slow but after a while they picked it up and became unstoppable and went on to win the League

Might be that Mourinho has tried an approach similar to Utd and Fergie to stop us from burning out
Yeah excellent point. Fergie did Have some slow starts. I will be disappointed if we don't retain the title.

 
I like to think we could but the reality is we don't play like Utd did back then, the league has become more competitive, teams have become stronger financially etc.  I think we can clearly see that our players are not as sharp and fit as others; as a 'team' I am surprised how poorly we are playing, I would expect it if new players were in the team but given this squad has been together for a season we should be more fluid in attack and very solid in defence, however looking at that shambolic display yesterday it appears everyone has forgotten how to play football like Champions. 

No panic yet in my household but if we are 10 points back from who ever the leaders are with 10 games played I think the trophy will be leaving the Bridge. :sad:  ..hopefully though a bigger better trophy will be taking its place. :smile:

 
I like to think we could but the reality is we don't play like Utd did back then, the league has become more competitive, teams have become stronger financially etc. I think we can clearly see that our players are not as sharp and fit as others; as a 'team' I am surprised how poorly we are playing, I would expect it if new players were in the team but given this squad has been together for a season we should be more fluid in attack and very solid in defence, however looking at that shambolic display yesterday it appears everyone has forgotten how to play football like Champions.

No panic yet in my household but if we are 10 points back from who ever the leaders are with 10 games played I think the trophy will be leaving the Bridge. :sad: ..hopefully though a bigger better trophy will be taking its place. :smile:
True but it's just something to make things a little more hopeful.

 
I don't feel at all optimistic- I called a 3-0 during the week... Could see it coming a mile off. The concern I have is that we were comprehensively dismantled yesterday. We didn't look good, at all, so I fail to see how we will suddenly spring to life.

Said it before and I'll say it again. We will regret our wasted transfer window as this first Xi just looks disinterested, disorganised and shattered. No competition for places - the team picks itself and that is not healthy.

I honestly don't think we will buy anyone.. And I foresee a really long hard season for cfc.

 
I don't feel at all optimistic- I called a 3-0 during the week... Could see it coming a mile off. The concern I have is that we were comprehensively dismantled yesterday. We didn't look good, at all, so I fail to see how we will suddenly spring to life.

Said it before and I'll say it again. We will regret our wasted transfer window as this first Xi just looks disinterested, disorganised and shattered. No competition for places - the team picks itself and that is not healthy.

I honestly don't think we will buy anyone.. And I foresee a really long hard season for cfc.
That was also the England national teams problem when we had the golden generation the team picked itself so the players didn't gel and I would say some didn't seem to care.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top