Anyone had it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geezer

Senile old git
Messages
9,174
Reaction score
157
Swine flu I mean. I've heard of lts of people catching it but haven't come across anyone I actually know catching it.

 
Swine flu I mean. I've heard of lts of people catching it but haven't come across anyone I actually know catching it.
bloke in work apparently had it a fortnight ago, he's back to work now.

I don't think it was swine flu? He sears it was, but his snout is still running.

How it can be diagnosed over the phone or a hotline is beyond me, surely the symptoms are the same as normal flu?

*cue the oinkment, did he come out in a rasher jokes*

 
Last edited by a moderator:
ive not and dont know anyone, but i did see something last week that said less people have died of any kind of flu so far this year than the first 6 months of last year.

 
My ex-wife works in a local school, and on getting to work this morning was informed that a member of staff has been confirmed as having swine flu, as have a number of the kids.

I see my ex quite a lot, as we're still good friends - I just hope and pray she doesn't catch it. It would be bad enough if she caught swine flu, but she lives with her elderly mother who would then be at high risk, as would I, being diabetic.

I'm only going by the news reports on TV, so maybe it's nothing to worry about - they always seem to want to panic everyone. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that consuming vast quantities of alcohol would keep the virus at bay. I shall be putting this theory to the test forthwith, and therefore any posts I make in the next few days or weeks may be even more weird than normal ;)

 
Two people at my work have had it and their families were under 'house arrest' for about 5 days until the rest of them got the all clear. There has been quite a lot of people diagnosed with it in my meck of the woods.

 
This fud who continually plagues my staff emailed today to say he had it - nearly put the fecking bunting out. You're going to be able to self diagnose and pick up your tamiflu and have your ten days special uncertified sick leave anyway so we'll all have it before long

 
My flatmate's girlfriend had it over the weekend, and f**king selfishly they decided to use my flat, not hers, as the sickbed, so I reckon there's now a high chance of me getting it. Seriously out of order.

I'm feeling crap today, have my anniversary dinner with my girlfriend tonight, got loads of work on, and am going away for a few days next weekend, so just cannot afford to be ill right now, so if I get it she and my flatmate are going to have hell to pay.

Tantrum over.

 
One of my friends thinks she has it, but I doubt it as she's known to exaggerate.

But does anyone know what the symptoms are?

 
A schoolfriend of my colleague's little boy had it, but that's about it. Unless you count another colleague with whom I share an office: she is a major drama queen, and I fully expect her to have complaints when I return tomorrow after my holiday.

 
My flatmate's girlfriend had it over the weekend, and f**king selfishly they decided to use my flat, not hers, as the sickbed, so I reckon there's now a high chance of me getting it. Seriously out of order.I'm feeling crap today, have my anniversary dinner with my girlfriend tonight, got loads of work on, and am going away for a few days next weekend, so just cannot afford to be ill right now, so if I get it she and my flatmate are going to have hell to pay.

Tantrum over.
That is outrageously inconsiderate. Would you llike me to out an evil spell on them?

 
Well I have never caught anything as dramatic as this.. but well... I hate this, but I supose I will have to go with the docs advice. I have a heavy cold, but because my better half is pregnant I am under quarantine at the moment along with her 4 year old daughter who also has a heavy cold (it's all day Shaun the Sheep is the upside) .. it's pretty pathetic really but I suppose you have to be careful. I think it is over hyped though.

There are a few cases about, but I think most have normal flu.

My Doctor came out with a good one, I asked him how you can tell if it is swine Flu, as the symptoms are the same as normal flu...

He said "if there was a 20 pound note on your drive way would you go out and get it, if the answer is "yes" then you haven't got Swine flu"

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Moi - thank you, a very kind suggestion, can I get back to you depending on how my own health pans out?

Coffee has made things better for now...

 
Moi - thank you, a very kind suggestion, can I get back to you depending on how my own health pans out?Coffee has made things better for now...
Feel free to use my charms (the witchy sort). Be thinking in your spare moments of which afflictions would inconvenience them most.

NB I do not terminate people!

 
Well I have never caught anything as dramatic as this.. but well... I hate this, but I supose I will have to go with the docs advice. I have a heavy cold, but because my better half is pregnant I am under quarantine at the moment along with her 4 year old daughter who also has a heavy cold (it's all day Shaun the Sheep is the upside) .. it's pretty pathetic really but I suppose you have to be careful. I think it is over hyped though.
Better be safe, Andy, get well soon (especially now that you have to spend so much time with a 4-year old :))!

But I agree, it's so overhyped to the point that I hope I can get away with throwing a few sickies this autumn :)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
A few people around here have got it, but no one I know.

 
I go to uni in christchurch in NZ and its supposedly one of the most infected cities in the world. By the end of next month supposedly over half of us will have caught it. Initially didnt seem like suc a worry but everyday another person i know will have caught it making me think i dont have much of a shot of not getting it. Apparently it is better to get it now though as it will mutate into a more deadly strand and if you get it now you will be immune to it.

 
right geezer im blaming you for this. we just had our company nurse round handing out hand foam, cleaning stuff and tissues as someone at our works has got it. bloody great, half the numptys here dont bother to wash their friggin hands after taking a piss (and worse), theyve no chance of getting them to use this stuff.

 
right geezer im blaming you for this. we just had our company nurse round handing out hand foam, cleaning stuff and tissues as someone at our works has got it. bloody great, half the numptys here dont bother to wash their friggin hands after taking a piss (and worse), theyve no chance of getting them to use this stuff.
My lot put sanitisers up all over the place about three weeks ago. 6 of them have disappeared. EVery Liverpool fan in the workplace is being interviewed to see if we can find the culprit(s)

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top