Arnesen now after Bruma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly wasn't impressive when he did play. Wonder how good he is in Hamburg? I have my doubts.
He generally only played in the league cup/fa cup in a makeshift defence with paulo, another CB and either Van Aanholt or Zhirkov at left back. Not exactly ideal to make your mark playing in a back 4 that are strangers on the field.

Bruma wasn't given a chance, just like Kalas wont, just like Bertrand isn't getting a look in. The list goes on and on

We were paying Sturridge 60k a week just to sit on the bench and show up for the reserve games before he went to Bolton.

Im not demanding we play a team full of kids, but when at home to the likes of Swansea/Wigan/etc we should be giving one young player a spot in the starting eleven alongside our strongest side. Or at least bring them on instead of the usual right back substitution we are obsessed with making

The kids wont ever be Chelsea standard when all they do is sit on a bench or play in a lower league on loan

 
I saw Bruma lose his man. Just forgot where he was. More than once. Cost us a goal in the CC match v. Newcastle last season. Doesn't matter who you're playing with, a center back can't do that. I have no confidence in him.

 
I saw Bruma lose his man. Just forgot where he was. More than once. Cost us a goal in the CC match v. Newcastle last season. Doesn't matter who you're playing with, a center back can't do that. I have no confidence in him.
Then we should sell off Ferreira, Bosingwa, Luiz, Ivan, Alex, Terry & Ashley because all have been shocking in giving away cheap goals this season, last season and the season before etc. Even Malouda and Lampard gave Arsenal & Villa an assist recently.

However, those are all established internationals making school boy errors and still not learning from it, and why would they? They know their place in the team is safe. Not like we'd ever drop them for any of our young prospects.

Bruma was making his first few appearances at this level so there was always going to be an error or two that's just part of any young players career. If you were expecting an 18 year old to step in and never put a foot wrong you are deluded.

It must be sh*tty as a kid at our club, you never get a look in, the manager never has faith in you (see ferreira starts at CB vs Sunderland ahead of Bruma), when you do finally get a start fans like you are just waiting for a mistake to write them off, and sure we want a team of galacticos so why bother with kids anyway lets just put in big bids for Neymar, Di Maria, Modric. Anybody that costs 30 million+ will do really.

I could understand if we had an abundance of talent in the position, but we haven't had a real winger in 5+ years and we shipped Stoch off without even giving him a chance. Or did he also lose the player he was marking in one match?

 
Bruma was making his first few appearances at this level so there was always going to be an error or two that's just part of any young players career. If you were expecting an 18 year old to step in and never put a foot wrong you are deluded.
I don't disagree with that. Clearly you're right.

But I'd like to see evidence that he's improved before bestowing a place on him. That's why I'm interested in seeing Hamburg game tapes.

 
Sounds like Arnesen is back in town to plunder a few more youths off us for peanuts.. Who stays, who goes? Losing players like Borini, Rajkovic, Sala, Stoch and even Sinclair shows the way we deal with our young players at the moment by just loaning them out willy nilly doesn't work.

 
was it not Bruma that said hes happy at Hamburg and doesnt want to come back to London? shame cos he looks like he could turn into a great defender

 
He's back to tie up Bruma on loan for another season and see what other deals he can do.

 
Is it me only, or is he like a younger Alex? We should keep him but he should also stay on loan for another year. Rajkovic is playing more isnt he?

 
what I have read is he's after Bruma on a permanent move, maybe just another loan. Then I think he's after Kalas on the same, and the final is he wants Lukaku who has stated a loan would suit him if it meant playing more.

 
when you look at the talented young players we have in our youth we should be very happy, they seem like future stars.

Lalkovic, Faruz, Bruma, Bertrand, Van Anholt, Kakuta, Lukaku, Piazon, Hutchison, Clifford, Chalobah, and also whats the name of the young Mexican boy we have??

not a bad bunch of future players to have on your books....

 
when you look at the talented young players we have in our youth we should be very happy, they seem like future stars.

Lalkovic, Faruz, Bruma, Bertrand, Van Anholt, Kakuta, Lukaku, Piazon, Hutchison, Clifford, Chalobah, and also whats the name of the young Mexican boy we have??

not a bad bunch of future players to have on your books....
In theory yes, the mexican lad davilla is rotting in Vitesse reserves squad on loan, van anholt flopped at wigan, clifford hasnt done anything to suggest he could be a big prospect, hutchinsons injury has ruined his career sadly, bertrand cant even get a game when ashley is injured. Bruma doesnt want to come back because he knows he'll rott in the reserves

Im not saying they arent talented or couldnt make it, im just saying after we let the last bunch leave Stoch, Borini, Tore, Sinclair etc i wouldnt get my hopes up. They have all gone on to impress (all positions we are in dire need of too)

We are shocking at helping kids into the first team

 
^ That basically.

You can list as many of the youngsters as you like, but it doesn't mean they're going to make it just because they're still on the books.

Realistically I think only Josh and Piazon have a good chance of establishing themselves here. I haven't seen enough of Chalabho to comment really, but I can't see the others breaking through. I'd like for Bertrand to make it, it's not ability that will stop him, it's having Ashley Cole ahead of him with no manager willing to give him much of a chance (if any).

Whereas people like Van Aanholt, Bruma, Davila, Clifford, etc... I just don't think are ever going to be good enough.

Kakuta I have no idea about any more. People keep saying he's still quality, but he had 2 disastrous loan spells in the PL and is only now getting some games at a mid-table French side. So maybe he's found his level?

Lukaku needs to go out on loan for at least a year and get some first team games in the PL before much of a judgement can be made. He's improved in the few appearances he's made this side of christmas though, he was f**king woeful when he arrived.

Then of course there's De Bruyne as well, I have high hopes for him actually.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's fair to say that Chelsea's entire player personnel situation is in complete disarray. And who's nominally in charge? A man with no apparent qualifications for the job, Michael Emenalo.

One reason why I embraced AVB is that he had a philsophy and he had an eye for talent. With him gone, I despair. It's all back to square one. Again.

 
Bruma seemingly isn't even guaranteed playing time at Hamburg next year seemingly and has already hinted that he will be back on loan, possibly elsewhere

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top