Arsenal vs. Villareal

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with Almunia and Gallas off injured and three Arsenal players booked

Have been watching this game. Some of the "pass and move" football Villareal have played this half is the best I have seen this season.

 
Arsenal also made the mistake of thinking that a tubby balding ref must be Graham Poll - Fabregas paid the price for that mistake.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
1-1 truly stunning goal by Adebayor. There's their away goal. Totally different game this half. Le Arse the better team so far.

 
From what I've heard Adebayor is lucky to still be on the pitch. <_<

 
Odd game. Some of the forward attacking play by Villarreal in the first half was superb. Arsenal had the two injuries and the bookings, and looked to be on the ropes. Then they came out second half and just looked bigger, stronger, fitter. And Villarreal couldn't keep the ball. Totally ran out of steam.

Adebayor's goal will be a contender for Goal of The Season.

 
anyone got a link to his goal?

 
Cheers, managed to see it on TV on a highlights show afterall!

 
such a shame cazorla is injured for villarreal, if he were fit for these games they would have had a much better chance to go through.

 
arse are doing a chelsea this year...we faced a load of cr*p last season until liverscum in the semi and now it's arsenal's turn...roma, despite our pathetic showing against them in the group stages, are mediocre at best, as are villarreal, who were attrocious tonight...let's see how the mighty arse do against utd, their first real test

 
Very true Brit, they really have been gifted the easy route thus far, although I guess they should still be commended for making it through with so many injuries. Funny thing is, man for man they are considerably worse than United, but the Arse are definitely the form team at the moment, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the final.

The winner HAS to be from our semi though. If the Arse win the trophy, there will be the predictable, nauseating Wenger circle jerk. If United win, there will be the tedious 'is this the best United team ever,' 'spirit of '99@ bullsh*t being spouted off continuously.

Either eventuality makes me shudder.

 
Agree with that Tim. If we dont get past Barca, I will be ordering my Messi jersey and memorizing the "Tot el Camp". If they do manage to get past us, and dont lose 8 first teamers in the process, I think they are strong enough to beat anyone on the planet, wonky defese or no.

I, too, think that le Arse are in for a real test against Utd. And for the same reasons they are miles behind the leaders in the prem, I think they will go down over two legs in what are hopefully a pair of memorable matches. I just pray that we or Barca are strong enough to beat Utd in the final. I couldnt imagine the feeling if we lost to them again

 
roma are hardly mediocre at best, alothough they've really underperformed this season.

arsenal were lucky in the second leg against them, think man united should have the experience to knock them out but then again the second leg is at arsenal so...

would hate them to be the first side from london to win it.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top