g3.7
deluded elitist
- Messages
- 5,780
- Reaction score
- 1,311
okay, out of the way, I don't like the guy. however, I feel I have been fair whenever I have judged his peformances.
now- I feel he's been playing like a liability this season- dribbling into players and losing the ball, constantly left flat footed, sucked in towards the middle too often... the suspect positioning is seriously evident. I was not surprised to see a thread on sheva after the game (even if it's his first game for us this season having missed the first 5- he was under pressure from people before he kicked a ball)...
what I was a little surprised about is this seemingly lax approach to a. cole- after the ritualistic taking apart of carvalho in his first two seasons (two seasons with many notable excellent peformances, and in general two very good seasons), I am surprised ashley has been given so much leeway- he hasn't had to adapt to a new league, a new country- he hasn't even moved cities! frankly, I don't understand what it is he does- he's not a "world class" defender, not even a good one in my book. but people talk about him going forward- he's fast, and quick, and he gets forward well- but what does he do? his crossing is non-existant... any fullback can get forward...
there have been numerous errors- some serious ones- if glen johnson made them he would have been crucified- because we have yet to concede from a direct error of his does not mean the error did not happen.
apparently he's a good player. frankly I think he's lacking a yard of pace.
now- I feel he's been playing like a liability this season- dribbling into players and losing the ball, constantly left flat footed, sucked in towards the middle too often... the suspect positioning is seriously evident. I was not surprised to see a thread on sheva after the game (even if it's his first game for us this season having missed the first 5- he was under pressure from people before he kicked a ball)...
what I was a little surprised about is this seemingly lax approach to a. cole- after the ritualistic taking apart of carvalho in his first two seasons (two seasons with many notable excellent peformances, and in general two very good seasons), I am surprised ashley has been given so much leeway- he hasn't had to adapt to a new league, a new country- he hasn't even moved cities! frankly, I don't understand what it is he does- he's not a "world class" defender, not even a good one in my book. but people talk about him going forward- he's fast, and quick, and he gets forward well- but what does he do? his crossing is non-existant... any fullback can get forward...
there have been numerous errors- some serious ones- if glen johnson made them he would have been crucified- because we have yet to concede from a direct error of his does not mean the error did not happen.
apparently he's a good player. frankly I think he's lacking a yard of pace.