Aston Villa vs Chelsea (FA CUP Replay) Wed 7th February 2024 20:00 GMT

axman2526

Legend
Messages
39,709
Reaction score
20,281
No funny nicknames now, that trick has stopped working.

Sheff United 0-5 Villa

Chelsea 2-4 Wolves

We blew our chance in the home game vs a we'll below par Villa. Our 4th round exit awaiting in my opinion.

Dont blame our away fans not selling this out.

 
No funny nicknames now, that trick has stopped working.

Sheff United 0-5 Villa

Chelsea 2-4 Wolves

We blew our chance in the home game vs a we'll below par Villa. Our 4th round exit awaiting in my opinion.

Dont blame our away fans not selling this out.
Hard to see anything other than another solid beatdown I'm afraid. Pretty sure we did sell out the 6K allocation though.

 
Remember these words...After we are knocked out of the fa cup at villa park, loch will be sacked within 10 hours

 
Poch HAS to come up with something different here, and it has to work. 
                       Petrovic

        Disasi     Silva    Gilchrist

Gusto     Enzo      Caicedo      Chilwell 

            Chukwuemeka  Palmer

                     Nkunku

Our defensive structure of late has been woeful, hopefully this can make us a bit tighter at the back while keeping a bit of creativity on top

 
Poch HAS to come up with something different here, and it has to work. 
                       Petrovic

        Disasi     Silva    Gilchrist

Gusto     Enzo      Caicedo      Chilwell 

            Chukwuemeka  Palmer

                     Nkunku

Our defensive structure of late has been woeful, hopefully this can make us a bit tighter at the back while keeping a bit of creativity on top
Only problem is Nkunku is sh*t as a striker.

 
Only problem is Nkunku is sh*t as a striker.
The alternative in that 3-4-2-1 would be Nkunku in place of Chukwuemeka, and Jackson comes in as striker.

Take your pick out of which is the better option - neither is perfect !

On balance I'd probably go with what ADLF has suggested. Any injury to Gusto or Chilwell though and we are probably back to playing wingers or central defenders as wing backs. 

 
The alternative in that 3-4-2-1 would be Nkunku in place of Chukwuemeka, and Jackson comes in as striker.

Take your pick out of which is the better option - neither is perfect !

On balance I'd probably go with what ADLF has suggested. Any injury to Gusto or Chilwell though and we are probably back to playing wingers or central defenders as wing backs. 
I'd probably go with Nico just so we get the best out of Nkunku.

Conor could always fill in at wing back.

 
I'd probably go with Nico just so we get the best out of Nkunku.

Conor could always fill in at wing back.
I would definitely try Jackson up top with Palmer/Nkunku behind in this formation. My worry would be Caicedo/Enzo as a midfield pair in front of the defense. They will just get overrun as usual.

 
If Poch goes to a back 3 I imagine it will look like this:

Petrovic

Disasi

Silva

Colwill (or Badiashile if not fit)

Gusto

Caicedo

Enzo

Chilwell

Gallagher

Palmer

Sterling

 
Oh damn, I’ll be at Kingsmeadow watching a decent Chelsea side progress in a different cup competition. So sad I’m missing this one. 

 
More sh*t than Jackson?

But yeah, I agree Nkunku fits better as one of the 10’s - but I really wanted Carney in there somewhere so I had to compromise.
Possibly more sh*t than Jackson from what I've seen. Unbelievable as that might sound.

Totally get where you're coming from - Chukky looks a good player.

 
Possibly more sh*t than Jackson from what I've seen. Unbelievable as that might sound.

Totally get where you're coming from - Chukky looks a good player.
As a striker I would agree. Nkunku is not a CF but prefers to play behind the striker. He should weigh in with a decent number of goals, certainly when compared with our midfielders..

 
As a striker I would agree. Nkunku is not a CF but prefers to play behind the striker. He should weigh in with a decent number of goals, certainly when compared with our midfielders..
Yes, if he replaces Conor in the 10 role we should see a decent improvement. As much as I love Conor's energy he's been abysmal in the box recently.

 
I would definitely try Jackson up top with Palmer/Nkunku behind in this formation. My worry would be Caicedo/Enzo as a midfield pair in front of the defense. They will just get overrun as usual.
I'd rather see Gallagher/Enzo and/or Gallagher/Caicedo to start and change it later if you need too

 
Back
Top