Atletico game - tube strike

Status
Not open for further replies.
weatherman - presume you're associated with the tube in some way judging by your comments...
The Brit. You presume absolutely wrong. I have no connection whatsoever with London Underground or Tfl.

I am more than happy to debate the issues of this strike with you or anyone else, but this is not the right thread for that. I thought it was a thread to advise folk how best get to and from Stamford Bridge for tonights game ?

 
The district line is running but not stopping at all the stations...My advice would be to just try and get as near to the Broadway as possible (Yesterday it never stopped at Fulham Broadway, but did at Parsons Green so getting off at Earls Court or West Brompton might be a better bet)

If the tubes are running again after nine, it will still be chaotic but at least most of the early evening commuters should be gone...

Good luck to all match going fellow Chelsea fans,  this will be our last European night at the Bridge until next season so I hope everyone with a ticket gets there and makes it a cracker....

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The district line is running but not stopping at all the stations...My advice would be to just try and get as near to the Broadway as possible (Yesterday it never stopped at Fulham Broadway, but did at Parsons Green so getting off at Earls Court or West Brompton might be a better bet)

If the tubes are running again after nine, it will still be chaotic but at least most of the early evening commuters should be gone...

Good luck to all match going fellow Chelsea fans,  this will be our last European night at the Bridge until next season so I hope everyone with a ticket gets there and makes it a cracker....
Ye, good luck to everyone going to the game tonight. Let's make the Bridge rock.

 
So what do people think would be best option?

a) get train to waterloo then to westminster and get district line to fulham broadway.

b)get train to clapham junction then overground to west brompton.

if anyone who's been in London the past two days could advise that would be great. Thanks.

 
So what do people think would be best option?

a) get train to waterloo then to westminster and get district line to fulham broadway.

b)get train to clapham junction then overground to west brompton.

if anyone who's been in London the past two days could advise that would be great. Thanks.
Definitely B.

Not worth risking A, train might not stop at Fulham Broadway.

 
District line trains to Wimbledon from Upminster are running every few minutes. Fulham Broadway is still closed, though.

 
no worries weatherman...wasn't firing back at you I promise, just assumed you may, or know someone that did, work for the tube and I was just explaining why I feel so frustrated...anyway, come on you blues!!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I am not that far away from your reviews as to the impact of strike action but I am at a loss to understand how the strike would stop me getting to the game. Overland is running, buses are running, Shanks Ponies are running.We have an Oyster card and our 4 stop journey on the Tube, when we get to London, costs just over a poundI don't call that expensive.As for no improvements isn't the fact that the union are against TFLs plans to modernise & improve the reason for the strike?Anyways on match day politics is too heavy so back to thinking about the matter in hand.
With all due respect, I already spent the night looking at other possible travel solutions before declining the ticket but the fact of the matter is, I have responsibilities at home and a few things that need taking care of before I can even leave the house.

No matter what route I take overground, its going to cause a further delay which would cause me to miss the entire first half of the match. Switching services etc is just a pain in the arse aswell. Fuming doesn't even cover it. I have no means of watching tonights match at all.

Thank you very much TFL and thanks to the drivers for once again "having the publics interests at heart". In case its unnoticed, I've layered on more sarcasm than Jose's after match press conference against Sunderland in that last paragraph.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top