Atmosphere at the Bridge today

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know how loud the Bridge could be and should be.......We have a lot of good supporters that unfortunately are spread about the ground who do try getting things rocking.....Sometimes it happens but too often its flat.....There seems to be , as we are all aware, too many guys n girls that manage to get tickets purely to watch the match and make no noise...Too many tourists that wouldnt know how to make noise unless it made em money...There are more family types.....there are more people going that go on their own and are shy to sing....This is why we are NOT one big chelsea family at all...Mostly bunches of very very different types ...Too many who dont integrate with each other....I sort of envy, well, i suppose every other club in the prem at their grounds that often sound so loud...I sometimes wonder if were the quietest in england at home..7 out of ten times were ok away from home...Also there is deffo a problem with accoustics at the Bridge from every part of the ground EXCEPT the away bit that always sounds good....Ive been to matches and spoken to others later....Ive been in a MHS that from where i was sitting sounded loud as hell...The guys elsewhere could hardly hear a thing.....I hate it with a passion...We should, with the team we have , have a noise factor at the Bridge that scares the oppo...(but) no. We are derided and laughed at....To be honest our players must in some way be affected by hearing (poss) more from away fans...I get embarassed hearing individual voices echoing a zigga zagga and a sad oi oi oi following....Again i praise the many that are always trying to vocally support their boys.....I spit on the head of the many monkey boys that quietly sit, picking their noses, and making it big biz to tell their own fans off for this n that...(and i am aware it is their right)..I sometimes weep to see this sh*t ...

 
Last edited by a moderator:
My question is should we be doing something about it? Is there anything we can do about it?  It's not like there isn't a good group of Chelsea who do sing. You only have to look at our away support, most notably at Leeds, to see that we do have a good singing contingent at the club.

I remember there was some sort of initiative to get a proper singing section going at the bridge, but I think it ended up petering out. Surely there comes a point where those that love the club actually get something sorted out, instead of just consigning the atmosphere at SB to the history books.

 
It's no different to Old Trafford or the Emirates for example though.

On a good day against the right team it can rock but for the average game against mid table opposition it tends to be flat, especially if the crowd aren't 'given' something to get excited about. It is the price of success to some extent I would say, higher prices driving the older fans away and replacing them with day trippers and tourists.

 
My question is should we be doing something about it? Is there anything we can do about it?  It's not like there isn't a good group of Chelsea who do sing. You only have to look at our away support, most notably at Leeds, to see that we do have a good singing contingent at the club.

I remember there was some sort of initiative to get a proper singing section going at the bridge, but I think it ended up petering out. Surely there comes a point where those that love the club actually get something sorted out, instead of just consigning the atmosphere at SB to the history books.
Singing is too tiring.

I prefer to watch the game intently and shout out "Come on Chelsea!" at 10 minute intervals.

 
We know how loud the Bridge could be and should be.......We have a lot of good supporters that unfortunately are spread about the ground who do try getting things rocking.....Sometimes it happens but too often its flat.....There seems to be , as we are all aware, too many guys n girls that manage to get tickets purely to watch the match and make no noise...Too many tourists that wouldnt know how to make noise unless it made em money...There are more family types.....there are more people going that go on their own and are shy to sing....This is why we are NOT one big chelsea family at all...Mostly bunches of very very different types ...Too many who dont integrate with each other....I sort of envy, well, i suppose every other club in the prem at their grounds that often sound so loud...I sometimes wonder if were the quietest in england at home..7 out of ten times were ok away from home...Also there is deffo a problem with accoustics at the Bridge from every part of the ground EXCEPT the away bit that always sounds good....Ive been to matches and spoken to others later....Ive been in a MHS that from where i was sitting sounded loud as hell...The guys elsewhere could hardly hear a thing.....I hate it with a passion...We should, with the team we have , have a noise factor at the Bridge that scares the oppo...(but) no. We are derided and laughed at....To be honest our players must in some way be affected by hearing (poss) more from away fans...I get embarassed hearing individual voices echoing a zigga zagga and a sad oi oi oi following....Again i praise the many that are always trying to vocally support their boys.....I spit on the head of the many monkey boys that quietly sit, picking their noses, and making it big biz to tell their own fans off for this n that...(and i am aware it is their right)..I sometimes weep to see this sh*t ...
Mike, the way round it is to get a reputation like Stoke where a placebo effect is encountered and those you name aren't inhibited to join in - will take effort from all of us - but sitting down definitely doesn't help
 
Our home supports is like every teams home support in the Premier League. Flat. Our away following is top notch though. If every away game was like Leeds away this season I'd be the worlds happiest man.

 
 Mike, the way round it is to get a reputation like Stoke where a placebo effect is encountered and those you name aren't inhibited to join in - will take effort from all of us - but sitting down definitely doesn't help
It doesnt help sitting...Youre right...BUT....Evryone generally has to sit in their grounds...Everyone else are largely noisy...As you say it can be done...IT WILL BE DONE V SPUDS

 
My question is should we be doing something about it? Is there anything we can do about it?  It's not like there isn't a good group of Chelsea who do sing. You only have to look at our away support, most notably at Leeds, to see that we do have a good singing contingent at the club.

I remember there was some sort of initiative to get a proper singing section going at the bridge, but I think it ended up petering out. Surely there comes a point where those that love the club actually get something sorted out, instead of just consigning the atmosphere at SB to the history books.
Regretabbly I think you are wasting your time as far as atmosphere is concerned at SB. I was part of the a group of fans who deliberately wanted to sing clap, cheer, stand up etc and improve the atmosphere. The club were approached and allowed us to all all sit together in the Shed End Upper. We wanted 50 we got 42. 


I recall being completely pissed out of my face that day and being taken back to how it was.

The atmosphere did improve in the Shed End. http://forums.cfcnet.co.uk/index.php/topic/26019-shed-42-was-it-a-success/page-5

We then wanted  to do the same in the West Lower. My understanding is that the club were not interested.

The match going fans are not cared about. Nothing really changes.

 
Regretabbly I think you are wasting your time as far as atmosphere is concerned at SB. I was part of the a group of fans who deliberately wanted to sing clap, cheer, stand up etc and improve the atmosphere. The club were approached and allowed us to all all sit together in the Shed End Upper. We wanted 50 we got 42. 

Tenacity and numbers are required...If , lets say, everyone interested in changing things sent an e mail on the same day to chelsea maybe someone would listen..Send em once then again and the again....Lets write en mass to the MAIL and get it highlighted.....

 
Tenacity and numbers are required...If , lets say, everyone interested in changing things sent an e mail on the same day to chelsea maybe someone would listen..Send em once then again and the again....Lets write en mass to the MAIL and get it highlighted.....
A key issue Mike is getting singers sitting together.

If anything is done as per your suggestion I would recommend getting in touch with Jerry K via CFCnet for tips and advice.

I hope it works because silence has even started to spread to away games.

 
What away games would these be?

Can't say I agree with that to be honest.
I was an away ST up to last season and it was noticeable. Not sure about this season.  Only away games this season have been the community shield, spurts and stoke and villa to come.

 
Rather have the atmosphere we have than that cringe worthy European ultra bo**ocks.Felt embarrassed for those Basel divs letting off flares.

 
how was it generally tonight. Gotta be honest, was only getting Basel through the box.

 
how was it generally tonight. Gotta be honest, was only getting Basel through the box.
Flat and very quiet, had a few half hearted bursts from the MHL and Shed but that was it. Think it will be like that until a certain person has departed.Basel fans were loud but ruined it with those stupid flares.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top