August 23rd 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

clubhappy

First Team Regular
Messages
2,786
Reaction score
0
18 year old Ray Wilkins the studio guest on 'The Big match ' , stadium empty and i actually remember watching this game on TV .

Team...

Sherwood

G.Wilkins

J.Sparrow.

B.Bason

M.Droy

J. Dempsey

I.Britton

R. Wilkins

TEDDY MAYBANK [ My sister fancied him]

K.Swain

C.Cooke.

Sub...Chopper.

Superb header at the near post by Maybank for the opener.

Maybank gets a ball , hes wide on the right , pulls it back to cooke who hits it over the bar.

Camera goes to the now MH end, you can count the amount fans and empty spaces .

Teddy Maybank put through but keeper saves .

Maybank hits the post, ball from Swain , headed down , defender fluffs it but unlucky.

2nd half...Superb far post header from Maybank from droy cross after Butch free kick.

2-0 Chelsea.

Brian Bason hobbling , not looking good , hold on , gets a pass from Britton, hits it ..........Cracker .3-0

They score , its 3-1

I try watch as many of these games as i can , its the Chelsea i grew up on as a kid and it would have been a bonus to walk into a sports shop in 1975 and say , hi , could i have a Chelsea jersey and could you print Droy , or Maybank, or Wilkins or Swian on the back.

History ? Well thats my history as a Chelsea fan and i love every miniute of it .

 
18 year old Ray Wilkins the studio guest on 'The Big match ' , stadium empty and i actually remember watching this game on TV . Team...

Sherwood

G.Wilkins

J.Sparrow.

B.Bason

M.Droy

J. Dempsey

I.Britton

R. Wilkins

TEDDY MAYBANK [ My sister fancied him]

K.Swain

C.Cooke.

Sub...Chopper.

Superb header at the near post by Maybank for the opener.

Maybank gets a ball , hes wide on the right , pulls it back to cooke who hits it over the bar.

Camera goes to the now MH end, you can count the amount fans and empty spaces .

Teddy Maybank put through but keeper saves .

Maybank hits the post, ball from Swain , headed down , defender fluffs it but unlucky.

2nd half...Superb far post header from Maybank from droy cross after Butch free kick.

2-0 Chelsea.

Brian Bason hobbling , not looking good , hold on , gets a pass from Britton, hits it ..........Cracker .3-0

They score , its 3-1

I try watch as many of these games as i can , its the Chelsea i grew up on as a kid and it would have been a bonus to walk into a sports shop in 1975 and say , hi , could i have a Chelsea jersey and could you print Droy , or Maybank, or Wilkins or Swian on the back.

History ? Well thats my history as a Chelsea fan and i love every miniute of it .
Nice post. I was there on the North Stand, probably the first time my Dad let me stand with him and my uncle rather than bunging me down the front. Bason's goal was a beauty all the more so as he was still limping as the ball came to him.

 
I was at that game too, though if anyone mentions Chelsea v Carlisle, I always tend to think of the one where we lost 0-2 on the first day of the 1974/75 season ;)

 
I was at that game too, though if anyone mentions Chelsea v Carlisle, I always tend to think of the one where we lost 0-2 on the first day of the 1974/75 season ;)
Probably why the cameras were there. The media have always been against us - I hated Brian Moore with a passion and can never understand why people think he was a great commentator 'cos I thought he was a c**t. He was so anti-Chelsea and Talksh*te would have had him on board immediately if they'd been around earlier.

 
Probably why the cameras were there. The media have always been against us - I hated Brian Moore with a passion and can never understand why people think he was a great commentator 'cos I thought he was a c**t. He was so anti-Chelsea and Talksh*te would have had him on board immediately if they'd been around earlier.
I'm so glad you posted that, I thought I was the only bloke who hated Moore! He seemed to love QPR and West Ham, and nothing pleased him more than seeing Chelsea get beaten.

 
I'm so glad you posted that, I thought I was the only bloke who hated Moore! He seemed to love QPR and West Ham, and nothing pleased him more than seeing Chelsea get beaten.
Yep, It was a Bowles and Marsh lovefest whenever the little cousins were on.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top