Axel Witsel

We're meant to believe that Roman has travelled to St Petersburg in order to negotiate a deal for Witsel?

Maybe in a parallel universe, but not this one.
He could have other business in St. Petersburg, and perhaps the club decided to send negotiators to Zenit to agree a deal for Witsel. 

 
If this happens Mikel or Ramires have to go. In addition to the Pedro signing Od say this makes is favorites to win the league again. What a bench we would have to choose from. Goal up? Stick in Zouma or RLC, goal down, Oscar or Cesc.

 
Wiesel OR aranguiz we don't need two central midfielders, cesc can play (assuming we put him as a 10) there in the case of an injury and ramires and RLC is covering also, cesc is good passing from deep the only problem is we need more power beside matic, wistel offers that aranguiz is only 5'7...
What if we are looking to sell one of Ramires or Mikel, or maybe both ? You never know.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how I feel about it, very similar to Matic. Although better than Mikel and Ramires.

 
I'd be willing to see Mikel and Ramires go if we buy Witsel. RLC can take a backup-role here. Not seen too much of him but he is a good player with good engine.

 
What if we are looking to sell one of Ramires or Mikel, or maybe both ? You never know.
Mikes looks inevitable that's why I didn't mention him, Rambo I hope not but likely if we bring in anyone new, I like Ramires a lot he can play wing too I'm not sure why he has gone down the pecking order other than the fact he couldn't hit a barn door with his passing...

 
Not sure how I feel about it, very similar to Matic. Although better than Mikel and Ramires.
If he is very similar to Matic, i see that as a good thing.

Mikes looks inevitable that's why I didn't mention him, Rambo I hope not but likely if we bring in anyone new, I like Ramires a lot he can play wing too I'm not sure why he has gone down the pecking order other than the fact he couldn't hit a barn door with his passing...
Ramires was injured a lot last season and when he did play, he looked pretty poor almost every time. He couldn't pass well, he kept giving the ball away,  he couldn't control the ball and didn't look as quick as he used to be.

 
If he is very similar to Matic, i see that as a good thing.

Ramires was injured a lot last season and when he did play, he looked pretty poor almost every time. He couldn't pass well, he kept giving the ball away, he couldn't control the ball and didn't look as quick as he used to be.
I suppose 2 Matic's is better than 1 haha :)

 
If he is very similar to Matic, i see that as a good thing.

Ramires was injured a lot last season and when he did play, he looked pretty poor almost every time. He couldn't pass well, he kept giving the ball away, he couldn't control the ball and didn't look as quick as he used to be.
As hard as it is for me to accept being such a big Ramires groupie you're quite correct. I'll tell you this though with him sitting next to matic I feel very confident we won't concede, The score that we don't mention against the spuds I doubt would have happened with Rambo siting beside matic. Obviously cesc gives a lot more setting up play from deep but I feel with cesc there and with Oscar on the pitch we lack a bit of steel...I think wistle would be a top addition for those reasons, he is physical and a bit dirty, which sorry to say but you need, especially in Europe, PSG were far more streetwise than us especially in Paris,from what I have seen he can pass as well so it's a win win

 
As hard as it is for me to accept being such a big Ramires groupie you're quite correct. I'll tell you this though with him sitting next to matic I feel very confident we won't concede, The score that we don't mention against the spuds I doubt would have happened with Rambo siting beside matic. Obviously cesc gives a lot more setting up play from deep but I feel with cesc there and with Oscar on the pitch we lack a bit of steel...I think wistle would be a top addition for those reasons, he is physical and a bit dirty, which sorry to say but you need, especially in Europe, PSG were far more streetwise than us especially in Paris,from what I have seen he can pass as well so it's a win win
He is actually a very good passer of the ball tbf, he was overshadowed by Defour for a while in Belgium but because of Defours injuries and Witsels physical stature he has changed it.I would question us needing another dirty player though, I think we have a fair quota of required dirty players ;)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
He is actually a very good passer of the ball tbf, he was overshadowed by Defour for a while in Belgium but because of Defours injuries and Witsels physical stature he has changed it.

I would question us needing another dirty player though, I think we have a fair quota of required dirty players ;)
I think we are one of the cleanest teams in the league..who plays dirty for us other than Costa, cesc can be bitchy but he isn't a dirty player, I don't mean dirty like diving I hate that, but being street wise and getting under players skins helps, look what virati did to us in Paris and what Luiz did to costa they harassed out two most decisive players and it worked

 
I think we are one of the cleanest teams in the league..who plays dirty for us other than Costa, cesc can be bitchy but he isn't a dirty player, I don't mean dirty like diving I hate that, but being street wise and getting under players skins helps, look what virati did to us in Paris and what Luiz did to costa they harassed out two most decisive players and it worked
Ivanovic, Oscar is sly, Cesc can be sneaky too.

All teams have them I guess though.

 
I think we are one of the cleanest teams in the league..who plays dirty for us other than Costa, cesc can be bitchy but he isn't a dirty player, I don't mean dirty like diving I hate that, but being street wise and getting under players skins helps, look what virati did to us in Paris and what Luiz did to costa they harassed out two most decisive players and it worked
Off on a tangent but I'd love Verrati, hated him when we played PSG last year, but exactly the kind of player you need in big games, like Costa, always willing to put himself about and get in the opponents face.

 
That one horror tackle in Belgium has given him that name. He isn't Scholes by any stretch.

 
Off on a tangent but I'd love Verrati, hated him when we played PSG last year, but exactly the kind of player you need in big games, like Costa, always willing to put himself about and get in the opponents face.
You're right mate I hated the bar steward but I used to hate Diego when he played for athletico, when your opposition hate you then your doing a good job..they are going to give us stick anyway may as well earn it

 
Back
Top