Bad Day At The Office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazzablue

In the Ressies
Messages
521
Reaction score
160
Well how was it for everyone this morning after Saturday's result. My phone nearly went into meltdown the amount of piss taking emails and texts on Saturday. I'm pretty sure my non supporting Chelsea mates have given my number to people who i'm convinced never had it before Saturday. Got quite a lot of ribbing at work today but to be honest at my age i can take it fairly well.Still not had this much piss taking over a Chelsea game sine we lost 1-0 to Wigan in 1980 where even at school some of the teachers joined in!.

 
I have only had two people winding me, but they have all been pretty kind to be honest. Most just couldnt believe what happened overall to the premier league sides.

I had one guy shout "BRADFORD!" at me then stuck his thumb up with a cheeky smile, all you can do is laugh :)

 
I've had piss taken out of me loads but you know what I'm just biding my sweet time until we win a trophy to say something back.

 
A workmate of mine who supports Bradford and works in our overseas office (his second team is Chelsea by the way, he even went to Moscow for the CL) was texting me during the game. He was more shocked than me, and almost seemed embarrassed...I told him I was chuffed for him, which I was in a strange sort of way...To be honest I've had much worse days after a defeat, and the only person to mention the weekends result is a West Ham fan, who normally never mentions a result even when West Ham get relegated...

I just hope we win our next two games or I really will go into hiding...!!!

 
Luckily hardly anyone in IT/LTT follows football here.

 
Seeing everyones smiles as I walked towards them made me realise that it was going to be a hard day, when even the arsenal fans are laughing hysterically you know it's been a bad one

 
Only one comment at work and that was from a West Ham fan. Like Shelly I've had worse days after deteat.

 
25 years after Bristol City had there day in the sun against us. Don't think anyone begrudges little Bradford, anyway we've got bigger fish to fry this year

 
School was a nightmare for me in 2010, 2011. When we went drastically downhill fast, 3-0 to Sunderland, 1-0 to bloody Birmingham, some shockers around November and December.

The United Champions League games were also horrible, Ryan Giggs absolutely f**king us over on both legs, a man who was 37 years old at the time out paced Jose Bosingwa...

I remember the 2-1 United home game though, David Luiz, I got my own back on some of the horrible manc supporting twats.

The AVB season though... don't even want to start that Arsenal 5-3 game I didn't know what to do with myself.

 
No nasty emails and only one comment directed to me on facebook.  I have very nice friends.  Ok, most of them don't like football.  Or are Chelsea fans anyway.  But Stokie boss's boss hasn't emailed me (I emailed him when we beat them in December so I was half expecting a ha ha email from him).

 
The A**x supporters in my office sort of commiserated, but only because A**x had been lucky to get away with a draw against Feyenoord yesterday. Apparently, the worst part was that it was a "dry" game :-)

But we'd better beat the Dippers tomorrow.

 
It's the people with no interest in football who never even mention it but suddenly make a point of asking if I saw the football' on Saturday that pee me off the most. I had one such numbskull come up to me today and my response was 'yeah, I was miffed when they scored the last two as I wanted a replay (I work in Leeds) but didn't they do well, I love the FA Cup and it's little surprises! Soon shut them up. We have a Spurs 'fan' at work who goes on and on about how we cheat and dive yet doesn't even know who his team are playing at the weekend, after they beat us he made a point of tracking me down just to gloat, I just said 'yeah well we got bored beating you all the time'

 
The AVB season though... don't even want to start that Arsenal 5-3 game I didn't know what to do with myself.
That game will live with me forever, I was devastated that day. I wasn't going through a great time and I needed us to win that game. Ultimately though that game led to me meeting my wife in a way so I always feel like it was fate. Beating them 6-0 last season really made me feel like we got sweet revenge.

 
I have a right silly Tottenham supporter at work who tried to give it big time to me when I asked him how his lot got on against Leicester he said that don't matter. And they are ment to

Be a "big club" god help us.

 
I have a right silly Tottenham supporter at work who tried to give it big time to me when I asked him how his lot got on against Leicester he said that don't matter. And they are ment to

Be a "big club" god help us.

 
Considering my new office is mainly Tottenham with a Palace & West Ham thrown in, it wasn't mentioned! Then again I am the new girl... They can take the piss behind my back of CFC but I don't give it out because I can't take it.

 
I move from the South about 5 years ago. ....to Yorkshire!

Yeah my Monday at work was pretty bad lol

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top