bands you have seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Non Metal:

Cave in

Foo Fighters

Paul Weller

Electric 6

Echo & The Bunnymen

Kelly Osbourne (dont ask)

The Subways

CKY

Cypress Hill

The Mutts

Metal (some are warm ups)

Cradle of Filth

Fear Factory

Machinehead

Caliban

God Forbid

Bullet For my Valentine (are sh*t)

Cathederal

Raging Speedhorn

Octavia & Sperati

Dimmu Borgir (x2)

Amon Amarth

Opeth (x3)

Paradise Lost

Arch Enemy

Deathstars

Moonspell

3 inches of blood

Satyricon

Shining

Dark Fortress

Posthum

Tyr

Napalm Death

At The Gates

Nightwish

Akercocke

Soulfly

Helloween

Children Of Bodom

Diablo

Cannibal Corpse

 
Since you saw Kelly Osbourne, and apparently not under the influence of drugs at the time, you should committ suppuku right now.

 
Since you saw Kelly Osbourne, and apparently not under the influence of drugs at the time, you should committ suppuku right now.
HAAAAH! I know, it's terrible. I took my sister to some Skateboard/Music festival in the millennium dome, back in 2003 i think, and she wanted to see Kelly Osbourne. I don't think i have ever seen anyone get bottled so badly in my life, It was great!

Oh, i forgot Sahara Hotnights played that day too

 
Just been listening to some of my old albums today, and remembered that I saw Gillan a couple of times at Hammersmith - how could I have forgotten that?

Also saw Tank supporting Motörhead, but only have vague memories of them.

 
The Clash

ZZ Top

The Police

Bryan Adams

King Kurt

Wet Wet Wet

Daniel O'Donnell

Stevie Wonder

to name but a few

 
Deep Purple*Scorpions* (3 gigs)

UFO*

Blackfoot*

Mountain*

Meat Loaf*

Mamas Boys*

Alaska*

* = Knebworth Fayre, 22 June 1985
I was there too!!!!

I'm not sure I can remember all the gigs I've been to but here goes in no particular order....

Madness (about 15 times)

Squeeze / Glenn Tilbrook (7 or 8 times)

Beautiful South (5 or 6 times)

Motorhead (4 times)

Iron Maiden (twice including supporting Motorhead at the start of their careers)

Deep Purple (2 or 3 times)

Marillion (2 or 3 times)

Bryan Adams (5 times)

Kiss

Blue Oyster Cult

The Levellers (2 or 3 times)

The Saw Doctors (2 or 3 times)

The Pogues (2 or 3 times)

Shed Seven (2 or 3 times)

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

Climax Blues Band (5 or 6 times)

Alison Moyet

Yazoo

The Specials

The Beat

Bad Manners

The Smiths

Paul Weller

The Jam

Magnum (2 or 3 times)

Dio (2 or 3 times)

Z Z Top (2 or 3 times)

AC / DC

Billy Bragg

Ian Drury and The Blockheads

Dr Feelgood

Nine Below Zero

BB King

Robert Cray

Fun Lovin' Criminals

Faithless

Manic Street Preachers

Supergrass

James Brown

Status Quo

The Stranglers

Screaming Lord Sutch & the Savages

Molly Hatchet

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Blackfoot

Black Sabbath

The Firm (short lived Jimmy Page and Paul Rogers ensemble)

The Blues Band

The Dave Kelly Band

Paul Jones & Dave Kelly

Kirsty MacColl (2 or 3 times)

Culture Club

Heaven 17

Stiff Little Fingers

The Clash

Simply Red

Tangerine Dream

Hawkwind (4 or 5 times)

...

Plus many others (that aren't springing to mind right now), plus numerous support bands and lower down the festival bill bands that I never really registered! Plus one or two tribute bands - but I don't really get tribute bands!!

Looking at that list maybe I need some counselling!!! :o

Then again gigging used to be a cheap pass time...like footie

 
PINK FLOYD (5-6 times)

VAN DER GRAAF GENERATOR

STEVE HILLAGE (4 times)

GONG

I.Q. (15 times)

PENDRAGON

MOSTLY AUTUMN (6-7 times)

ARENA

HAWKWIND (12+ times)

OZRIC TENTACLES (15-20 times)

MAGIC MUSHROOM BAND

RORY GALLAGHER

PETER GABRIEL

RUSH (6-8 times)

AC/DC

GANG OF FOUR

RAINCOATS

PORCUPINE TREE

CAMEL

LE ORME

BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST

GENESIS

MUSICAL BOX

AUSTRALIAN PINK FLOYD

DREAM THEATER

HALLOWEEN

DEYSS

 
Can't even really remember, but on the spot:

Turtle

Kings of Convenience

The Doves

Coldplay (parachutes tour)

The Strokes (is this it)

Clinic

Chemical brothers

Gomez

The Who

Robert Plant

James Brown

Runrig

The bloke from Kulah Shaker's last band

Kings of leon

The Streets

The Roots

Cooper Temple Clause

Mull Historical Society

The Coral

REM

80's Matchbox b-line Disaster

Laurent Garnier

Modest Mouse

Oasis

Travis

Midnight Society

Takeover (last 2 are metal/hardcore bands that my buddies are in!)

Then a whole host of Scottish bands, and DJ sets

I am sure there are more, but that is the general gist.

Best of them all.....JAMES BROWN

 
Best live performances i've seen:

Alter Bridge (former Creed)

U2

3 Doors Down

The Killers

White Lies

All were godlike:D

 
Anyone seen TV Smith recently? I'm just asking because he's playing live tonight at a local club and I was wondering whether I should go or not.

 
I did go see TV Smith and I'm glad I did. The tickets were 8€, so it's not like it was a huge financial risk. Someone had accidentally smashed his acoustic guitar after his latest gig(or something along those lines) so he played the gig with an electric guitar, but it was still good.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top