Bands you just don't like

The former. The reason I'm still listening to it 23 years later is good memories. I'm sure you can guess the kind. It involves parties, alcohol and teenage girls and boys.

 
I think the Foo Fighters are pretty over rated as well.
How dare you!

I'm going to sit in the corner pouting and sulking because between you all, you are slagging off some of my favourite bands.

 <<pushes lip out and makes an inexpressible noise>>

<<drinks wine and decides it doesn't really matter >>

 
Quite prepared to let the Muse comments go Gem, they have got a bit too pop over the years! :)

Saw Placebo were listed earlier on too! I actually like them a lot!

Never seen the interest in The Beatles, maybe you had to be about then.

Never liked Oasis, still annoy me, Now that's a whiney voice!

 
The former. The reason I'm still listening to it 23 years later is good memories. I'm sure you can guess the kind. It involves parties, alcohol and teenage girls and boys.
Am currently having a revive of that myself after seeing recent live stuff on YouTube! Did you catch the Chuck Mosely appearances this year - dreadful!

 
Am currently having a revive of that myself after seeing recent live stuff on YouTube! Did you catch the Chuck Mosely appearances this year - dreadful!
I've never been a huge fan of Mosely. Introduce Yourself has some good songs on it, but I prefer Mike Patton's (live) versions of those songs.

I think it was Billy Gould who said around the time Sol Invictus was released that they've already got enough songs written to make another album, but they will just see how it goes. Sol Invictus has really grown on me and I'd love to get another new Faith No More album. But first I'd love to see them live again. I haven't seen them since the first reunion tour.

 
Am currently having a revive of that myself after seeing recent live stuff on YouTube! Did you catch the Chuck Mosely appearances this year - dreadful!
No, thankfully. Mosley isn't the most talented singer around to put it mildly.

I've never been a huge fan of Mosely. Introduce Yourself has some good songs on it, but I prefer Mike Patton's (live) versions of those songs.

I think it was Billy Gould who said around the time Sol Invictus was released that they've already got enough songs written to make another album, but they will just see how it goes. Sol Invictus has really grown on me and I'd love to get another new Faith No More album. But first I'd love to see them live again. I haven't seen them since the first reunion tour.
This. 100%. Saw them last on the 2009 tour, I still clearly remember Patton eating a shoelace.

 
Saw them last on the 2009 tour, I still clearly remember Patton eating a shoelace.
I was a little disappointed with Tomahawk when I saw them a few years ago. Even Patton was quite subdued. Then again, I didn't care much for the latest Tomahawk album and the venue was probably my least favourite club in the city. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that great either.

 
Never knew he was Chelsea! Oh well, I'll listen to Madness and Blur to keep up my ratio of Chelsea bands!
Yeah he is. I'll happily stick with madness. Saw blur once and they put on a great concert same with madness top professionals

 
Taylor Swift songs make me nauseous.  

I also cannot stand Wham.

Full Disclosure:  I do like Milli Vanilli and Boy George sons, so perhaps my tastes in music are warped.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Taylor Swift songs make me nauseous.  

I also cannot stand Wham.

Full Disclosure:  I do like Milli Vanilli and Boy George sons, so perhaps my tastes in music are warped.
I would say Very Warped.

A few more to add to my list.........

Van Halen

Bon Jovi

Meatloaf

Guns n Roses.

All dreadful. It's that American thing again.

 
Paradise City is a good song, though the rest of G&R songs are not so good.

Van Halen without David Lee Roth is tolerable, but with him they are hard  to listen to.

Meatloaf is an acquired taste, I suppose.

 
Paradise City is a good song, though the rest of G&R songs are not so good.

Van Halen without David Lee Roth is tolerable, but with him they are hard to listen to.

Meatloaf is an acquired taste, I suppose.
Sweet child of mine is unreal

 
I was a little disappointed with Tomahawk when I saw them a few years ago. Even Patton was quite subdued. Then again, I didn't care much for the latest Tomahawk album and the venue was probably my least favourite club in the city. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't all that great either.
I loved the first two albums but the last two are nothing special. The passion and initial energy in this side project has clearly dried up, I'd guess that Patton lost his interest and that always shows.

 
Back
Top