Bands you just don't like

Ignoring the obvious boy bands and all that kinda sh*te, I will just concentrate on proper bands and the ones who although they have huge followings - I just don't dig 'em!

U2 - Can't think of any of their records I like.

The Rolling Stones - Like some of the early stuff but they should have called it a day a few decades ago.

Coldplay - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

 
Well of the ones already mentioned, I love the Foos and Coldplay (they certainly aren't boring - especially live) and really like the Stones!  I don't much like U2 though - but I like With or Without You and Beautiful Day.

I don't like Kings of Leon, Just really dislike his voice.  And I can't stand Bob Dylan (I know he isn't a band but is one that I really don't like).

 
Morrissey, what a miserable man! I like some of the stuff The Smiths made, though.

 
God, how could I forget the Smiths and Morrisey - can't stand him or his voice!

 
I find it hard to dislike any single band, everyone has good and bad but two I thought were very overrated back in the late punk days were Killing Joke and Bahuaus.

 
Oh if you're going back, I hated The Undertones - Fergal Sharkey's warbling voice irritated the hell out of me!

 
I always thought Billy Idol was a right w**ker though.

 
Placebo. The singer's voice is like nails down a blackboard for me. He seems like a poseur twat too.

Edit - Also Muse. f**king terrible pompous sh*t.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Muse - girlfriend loves them so that's unfortunate.

I really cannot stand the Libertines - although I think that is because Pete Doherty is a massive scumbag.

 
Can't stand Muse or Bon Jovi either.

I really dislike a lot of 80s bands: Duran Duran, Spandau, Japan, Depeche Mode.... I could go on.

From the 70s I absolutely hate Yes.

 
U2. I liked some of their early stuff and saw them at a festival in about 1981. Over the years they have become too full of themselves, especially Bono.

Nirvana. I may be missing something but don't understand the adoration of the band. I bought Nevermind as had read good things about it. Have never listened to the whole album as get bored after about four tracks.

However, tends to be songs or albums rather than bands I don't like.

Just read Backbiter's post. A lady that I went out with back in the early eighties was going to take me to a Spandau Ballet concert. However, she dumped me a few days before the tickets went on sale. I suspect that one of the reasons she dumped was because I took her to a Bob Dylan concert a few days before and I sang along to all the songs. My singing is worse than Bob's.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Tool is a band whose success is a total mystery to me. They're just so dull, dull, dull, dull. Did I mention they're dull?

Speaking of dull, Dream Theater just bores me to tears. Porcupine Tree as well. It seems to be more about showing your virtuosity on an instrument rather than having any sort of feeling in the music. I'd rather hear someone make a few mistakes if he shows some passion. Listening to those kind of progressive rock acts just leaves me cold.

 
Back
Top