BBC Reporting

But like, do you visit the bbc website? Because right now it's the only way I can consume news without being told I have to pay for it or being fed absolute tripe.

I'm surprised you don't listen to the radio? That's miles better than anything on commercial.

I'm assuming you don't have kids but I do and Jesus the quality of programming on cbbc is so much healthier than sticking them in front of whatever garbage Netflix/YouTube might offer up.

Sad thing is when the BBC does disappear in 5/10 years, all other content will get significantly worse. The commercial stations will have free reign to appeal only to the lowest common denominator
I do not visit the BBC website. I kind of "absorb" the news from BBC Breakfast subconsciously while I'm eating my breakfast and checking my phone, but I don't actively watch or read the news regularly.

I stopped listening to radio a decade ago. I only listen to podcasts or audiobooks. There used to be some good comedy radio series on radio 4 that I would listen to on iPlayer, but I lost interest in those along the way.

I do agree that without the BBC, the commercial stations would enter into a race to the bottom, and the UK will end up in a similar situation as the USA, which nobody should want.

 
I do love anything with David Attenborough involved, blokes a national treasure so Planet Earth etc are fantastic.

Outside of that with the programmes and the Radio (Looking directly at you Radio 1 and the recently destroyed Radio 2) it all just seems the same DEI Woke Bullsh*t.

Haven’t paid a TV Licence the entire time I’ve owned a property and will continue not to.

Everything is on streaming services and Football is all on the stick anyway.

I think there was a time when the BBC was needed but it’s had its day and has too many characters associated with it that I don’t want to pay the wages of.
How do you know what the content of the bbc is like if you don't pay the TV licence?

 
Putting aside the controversial figures associated with the BBC and the compulsory licence fee, the BBC will surely become extinct in years to come and we are at risk of a descent to the lowest common denominator however it will be of their own making and failings in broadcasting terms.

Lazy negotiating......Formula 1 🙄 even CH4 have a few races live and highlights of the others.

Arrogant selective coverage.............Club World Cup we had to rely on the mighty CH5 to cover this event with several live games.

Inability to see what the non sporting public wish to view........ Tennis Wimbledon wow 2 channels sadly not additional/temporary channels but blocking off their normal services. 🙄 while Eurosport had 17 ( seventeen courts with live coverage )

Deceitful coverage attempting hood wink viewers......... to Athletics Olympics some live and sneakily delayed live coverage preferring to show their pundits chatting in the studio

Oh it will be a sad day indeed but of their own making.

 
I would ditch the licence this second if I could. The only thing on tv I watch these days is football, but seeing as I still need a licence to do that, I'm trapped. I've disliked the BBC for a very long time now. The Jimmy Saville coverup, their pompous, full of themselves presenters, their absolute sh*t tv shows. I see no justification in basically forcing us to pay for this sh*t anymore. It's like they feel they're entitled to it and consider the BBC an essential piece of living in the UK. Well I don't see it that way, there would be no negative impact on my life if I never set eyes on anything BBC related again.
I’ve not paid my tv licence for years. You get a letter every month or so saying they’re going to turn up at your door, but nobody ever does. Scaremongering tactics to try to get you to fund their pedophile presenters. Disgusting organisation and the tv licence is a farce.

 
I’ve not paid my tv licence for years. You get a letter every month or so saying they’re going to turn up at your door, but nobody ever does. Scaremongering tactics to try to get you to fund their pedophile presenters. Disgusting organisation and the tv licence is a farce.
Same here, why the fk should you pay the tv tax to watch any other channel/live tv ? And anyone who can't see the bias to the left is obviously that way anyway. Don't pay the tax, simple as that.

 
I’ve not paid my tv licence for years. You get a letter every month or so saying they’re going to turn up at your door, but nobody ever does. Scaremongering tactics to try to get you to fund their pedophile presenters. Disgusting organisation and the tv licence is a farce.
Would you be happy if it shut down? No bbc website, no bbc channels and no bbc radio?

 
Would you be happy if it shut down? No bbc website, no bbc channels and no bbc radio?
It wouldn’t have any impact on my life in the slightest. Genuinely can’t think of a single bbc programme I watch outside of Attenborough documentaries and I don’t know anyone under the age of 45 that listens to the radio.

 
I'm wringing my hands in anxiety at the thought of no BBC Verify.

I'm probably a perfect BBC customer, I pay the fee and hardly ever use the service.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Would you be happy if it shut down? No bbc website, no bbc channels and no bbc radio?
I like many others wouldn’t give a f*** . 500k cancelled last year Make it subscription or advert funded. But the lefties wouldn’t like that. Why?

 
I like many others wouldn’t give a f*** . 500k cancelled last year Make it subscription or advert funded. But the lefties wouldn’t like that. Why?
Because it wouldn't be an option?

Netflix is a similar price to the licence fee and it provides f**k all in comparison.

The moment BBC becomes subscription, it dies. The website is gone, the radio is gone, local news disappears, events like the world cup will probably go behind a paywall.

I don't like the world where we all watch American TV and have to consume our news with a massive left wing or right wing bias like in America.

 
Because it wouldn't be an option?

Netflix is a similar price to the licence fee and it provides f**k all in comparison.

The moment BBC becomes subscription, it dies. The website is gone, the radio is gone, local news disappears, events like the world cup will probably go behind a paywall.

I don't like the world where we all watch American TV and have to consume our news with a massive left wing or right wing bias like in America.
Of coarse it would be an option, pay the tax or don’t pay it, that is an option. If you don’t want to watch any bbc programme that is an option. The only option is, you have to pay the tv tax even if you don’t watch it. How the f..ck is that right?

 
Of coarse it would be an option, pay the tax or don’t pay it, that is an option. If you don’t want to watch any bbc programme that is an option. The only option is, you have to pay the tv tax even if you don’t watch it. How the f..ck is that right?
By, it's not an option, I mean

If you made it a subscription. Overnight 50% of people would stop paying.

And so the BBC would have to cut services everywhere. They'd also then need to focus on creating content that would make the average Joe want to subscribe

Everything would have to be more entertaining. Everything would be about ratings

Suddenly you'd just be looking at a British version of Netflix.

And i wouldn't subscribe to that. Within 2 years the BBC would close up. And we'd all be watching American TV and news channels that are actually biased.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
By, it's not an option, I mean

If you made it a subscription. Overnight 50% of people would stop paying.

And so the BBC would have to cut services everywhere. They'd also then need to focus on creating content that would make the average Joe want to subscribe

Everything would have to be more entertaining. Everything would be about ratings

Suddenly you'd just be looking at a British version of Netflix.

And i wouldn't subscribe to that. Within 2 years the BBC would close up. And we'd all be watching American TV and news channels that are actually biased.
BBC have a solution, a brilliant one too, we are all saved ...

The BBC is hoping that 10,000 pin badges, 7,000 mugs and 6,000 lanyards will cement a cultural change in staff behaviour in the wake of recent scandals.

A Freedom of Information request by Sky News has revealed that more than £61,000 has been spent on accessories as part of a new "Call It Out" campaign.

The initiative aims to "encourage open feedback, celebrate positive behaviour and deal promptly with concerns", as well as help staff to raise workplace concerns.

Almost £20,000 was spent on branded "Call It Out" mugs alone - along with more than £6,000 on the pin badges and lanyards - which are now available across 72 BBC sites in the UK.

 
Because it wouldn't be an option?

Netflix is a similar price to the licence fee and it provides f**k all in comparison.

The moment BBC becomes subscription, it dies. The website is gone, the radio is gone, local news disappears, events like the world cup will probably go behind a paywall.

I don't like the world where we all watch American TV and have to consume our news with a massive left wing or right wing bias like in America.
Let it die.

 
By, it's not an option, I mean

If you made it a subscription. Overnight 50% of people would stop paying.

And so the BBC would have to cut services everywhere. They'd also then need to focus on creating content that would make the average Joe want to subscribe

Everything would have to be more entertaining. Everything would be about ratings

Suddenly you'd just be looking at a British version of Netflix.

And i wouldn't subscribe to that. Within 2 years the BBC would close up. And we'd all be watching American TV and news channels that are actually biased.
Ok, I don’t understand how you can say it’s not an option, pay it or don’t pay it, that is the ‘option’ I’m referring to. Half a million people cancelled last year alone. If the bbc collapses good. Like millions of others I don’t watch it, for many reasons. Their leftie woke attitude, the 99% garbage they put out, and their decades of covering up sexual criminals. My opinion, my choice, my option. If you like to carry on paying for that continue to do so.

Ps. I work in the film industry and have been contracted in by them on a few occasions, and see how they function first hand. Carry on funding the dinosaur.

 
The BBC does have many faults nowadays. There are loads of things I dislike about it and don't agree with.

But I am of an age where I still hold the BBC in high regard. Moreso what they have done during the years I was growing up. They still have some very good programmes and drama's and I listen to a fair bit of BBC radio and BBC Sounds. So as much as others are saying they are a "dinosaur" (and they do have a point), I will always carry on watching and listening to the bits I like and therefore pay the licence fee.

But the BBC must be aware that the new generation do things differently and they will need to change going forward - no different to retailers and department stores etc that are all struggling in the modern world.

 
Ok, I don’t understand how you can say it’s not an option, pay it or don’t pay it, that is the ‘option’ I’m referring to. Half a million people cancelled last year alone. If the bbc collapses good. Like millions of others I don’t watch it, for many reasons. Their leftie woke attitude, the 99% garbage they put out, and their decades of covering up sexual criminals. My opinion, my choice, my option. If you like to carry on paying for that continue to do so.

Ps. I work in the film industry and have been contracted in by them on a few occasions, and see how they function first hand. Carry on funding the dinosaur.
You asked why the "lefties" don't want it to be a subscription

I explained why that wouldnt work because the BBC as we know it would collapse.

You asked me the same question.

I explained that wouldn't work because the BBC as we know it would collapse.

Do you want me to give the same answer again?

 
You asked why the "lefties" don't want it to be a subscription

I explained why that wouldnt work because the BBC as we know it would collapse.

You asked me the same question.

I explained that wouldn't work because the BBC as we know it would collapse.

Do you want me to give the same answer again?
No. I hope it does collapse.

 
Back
Top