Beastie Boy Adam Yauch has died

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkw

officer dibble of the shed end constabulary
Messages
40,394
Reaction score
23,325
Bloody loved the Beasties, Adam Yauch was brilliant and has had cancer since 2009, but no-one knows if this is the cause. RIP MCA....

 
My day is ruined. Love Beastie Boys, very sad for the less of MCA.

 
RIP Adam

Brooklyn


 
Last edited by a moderator:
RIP MCA

We lost a good one today. A pioneer, a humanitarian , but most of all a top, top bloke.

 
I will miss you, MCA. No Sleep till Brooklyn! I also loved She's Crafty.

 
Sad news :sad: . Licensed to ill was to first tape I ever bought, and I still have it 25 years later.

 
In my teens, I used to listen to Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head and Ill Communication all the time. The summer that Hello Nasty was released, I managed to see them live. Great memories. Thanks for the music and rest in peace.

 
One of my biggest regrets in life was missing out on seeing the Beasties in the Madison Square Garden in NY by a few days. We went to New York on a holiday and after booking it started seeing what gigs were on, and the Beasties were on 2 days after we went home, I was gutted.

MCA owning Sure Shot


 
RIP MCA.

The Beastie Boys made some great music to listen to. Back in the early 90's they were easily one of my favourite groups.

 
In my teens, I used to listen to Paul's Boutique, Check Your Head and Ill Communication all the time. The summer that Hello Nasty was released, I managed to see them live. Great memories. Thanks for the music and rest in peace.
I remember well when Paul's Boutique came out. THe Beasties took a lot of grief for that album, and how they supposedly changed their style. It has grown on me over the years, and I actually like it now.

Still have my Licensed to Ill album, which I wore out in the 80s playing it constantly. Brass Monkey lives!

 
I haven't listened to much of the Beastie's music, but I've always loved "You've Gotta Fight", brilliant riff and lyrics.

Any recommendations for me to listen to?

RIP Adam Yauch

 
Any recommendations for me to listen to?

I think Check Your Head should be a good place to start(the above song is from that album). A good mix of their experimental and more commercial side. Here's the whole album on Grooveshark:

http://grooveshark.com/album/Check+Your+Head/125470

If you like that, you might like Ill Communication as well:

http://grooveshark.com/album/Ill+Communication/125481

And then if you feel like listening to them at their most experimental, try Paul's Boutique:

http://grooveshark.com/album/Paul+s+Boutique/1087540

 
I haven't listened to much of the Beastie's music, but I've always loved "You've Gotta Fight", brilliant riff and lyrics.

Any recommendations for me to listen to?

RIP Adam Yauch
Anything from Licensed to Ill. 'She's Crafty' and 'Paul Revere' have some cute lyrics.

 
Many thanks, Maksimov & Phillip, I'll check those out!
Theres an album they brought out which was a sort of best of, some of the older stuff is bloody brilliant., much more punky than the more mainstream stuff they also did.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top