Bran on the right, Yuri of the left

Status
Not open for further replies.

blizeH

First Team Regular
Messages
3,604
Reaction score
11
... of midfield... is it even an option worth considering?

Just had a random thought on this - we have four amazing full backs, all very capable of not just defending but also getting forward too.

If we had Ash on the left with Zhirkov playing on the wing just in front of them, you'd not only have a very strong attacking force but also a player more than capable of getting back to defend if Ash has committed himself forward.

Likewise I wonder if a similar thing could work with both Ivanovic and Bosingwa playing on the right - two very good options going forward and two players very much capable of defending too.

I'm sure there are a million and one reasons why it'd be a disaster, but to me, it sounds like an okay idea :)

 
Actually this is a terrible idea how do I delete my post please :D

/cringe

 
Last edited by a moderator:
..and where will Malouda go? You want Yuri there over Flo?

 
No I don't, that's where my idea started going horribly wrong, also a very lightweight midfield other than Ess, argh! Ignore ignore.

 
Do you mind if we keep it and edit the title 'lets all laugh at blize' :D

 
I'm not so sure about Bran, but I think Yuri and Malouda might be able to play like Duff and Robben did when they were at Chelsea. I'm not saying they'd be exactly like them, but Duff and Robben are both left-footed players, but they played both on the right and left of midfield and then switched positions in the middle of the match. When you have players who can do that well, it can be as effective as having a natural right winger and a natural left winger. I can picture both of them cutting inside from the right and having a go with their stronger left foot.

 
I think Ivanovic would be an interesting option for in the centre of midfield, or holding midfield.

Just throwing it out there.

 
chelsea played with ferrer and petresue on the right and le saux and babayaro on the lefted and it worked.,but u cant leave malouda out

 
Its not crazy....however if ash heads to the bernabeu, we will have Zhirkov as 1st choice left back....can bruma play on the left?

 
I think Ivanovic would be an interesting option for in the centre of midfield, or holding midfield.

Just throwing it out there.
I'd like to see us experiment with Ivanovic and Mancienne in holding midfield during our friendlies. If it works out, we might not even need to sign Schweinsteiger and can focus our money elsewhere.

Its not crazy....however if ash heads to the bernabeu, we will have Zhirkov as 1st choice left back....can bruma play on the left?
What about Van Aanholt?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Stupid idea, especially as we have Petr Cech who`s known to want to play left wing. I would also like to see Drogba in goal and bring back chris sutton to play left back :laugh2: . Love the fact theres only 2 minutes between your first and second post blizeh, didnt take you long to realise how daft it sounded did it.... :laugh2:

 
Am I the only person who thinks that Bosingwa deserves to start at right back?

 
And Bertrand at LB is an option too.

dkw, I was thinking more Bosingwa on the wing, as his play seems quite well suited to that as he's very strong goinf forward ;P

Anyway Philip I'm curious why does Bosingwa deserve to start at right back? If anything I'd argue quite the opposite, that based on last season's performances, Ivanovic 'deserves' to start at RB.

But the proper answer is neither do. I'm sure Carlo will make a level headed and decent decision based on how they do in the pre-season games, how well they're training and who he thinks will cope best in each game, and in what position (ie Ivan at CB or even midfield)

 
And Bertrand at LB is an option too.

dkw, I was thinking more Bosingwa on the wing, as his play seems quite well suited to that as he's very strong goinf forward ;P

Anyway Philip I'm curious why does Bosingwa deserve to start at right back? If anything I'd argue quite the opposite, that based on last season's performances, Ivanovic 'deserves' to start at RB.

But the proper answer is neither do. I'm sure Carlo will make a level headed and decent decision based on how they do in the pre-season games, how well they're training and who he thinks will cope best in each game, and in what position (ie Ivan at CB or even midfield)
As much as I am an admirer of Bossy, I thought Ivanovic was one of our strongest players last season. I am thinking the competition will be stiff for RB in the forthcoming season. If there is a way to fit them both in the squad I would welcome it.

 
In regards to Bossy and Ivan, both have shown they deserve to star which is fantastic for us as long as they realise they cant both start every game.

I would be interested in seeing Ivan try out the DM role preseason. I think he has all the capabilites necesary for this (and I think I brought this up last mid last season) and his natural "defence first" mind frame should allow players like Essien to get more dynamic going forward on the attack.

Bossy is obviously fantastic going forward and usually gets some great crosses into the box, he also help pocket Messi 2 CL's ago which further shows he is not lacing in his defenive responsibilites. I wouldnt propose to use him as a mid however.

Both are fantastic and merit being in the firt 11, its just they cant both be starting RB's....so can we effectviely fit both them in the starting XI in a manner that benefits the team is the question.......I think its a possibility worth exploring preseason!

 
I think Branny would be awesome playing in the DM role. Would need a few games to get used to it though.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top