Buy A. Cole - Yes or No?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian M
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha- why is that when somebody wants to leave your club they immediately become a ****?
Didn't you know Pauly? The moment you sign for Chelsea your entire history is wiped from existence - you become English born and bred and, even more specific, you become Chelsea born and bred. Therefore leaving the club becomes an act of utter treachery and is punishable by public flogging and/or castration!
At least you understand Loz, I thought I was the only one. Billy G -->
139.gif


 
No to A.Hole, I mean A.Cole.

Anyway, we have "A Cole", his name's Joe.

Can we pretend there is also the voting option of...

"Ashley Cole is an awful fullback. Its like having Lomano Lua Lua at left back! He just runs a lot in random directions and definately, DEFINATELY can't defend!!!!".

I pick that one.

I also pick Christian Chivu as our should-be target.

Top class defender

Versatile

Tall and strong

Rapid

Young

At a club in debt.

Do it Jose...

 
yes!!!

hello everybody!!

i'm DINH VAN HUAN.I come from vietnam. and I love CHELSEA very very very much.

for me, now chelsea needs COLE and one left MID.

thanks you!

 
yes!!!hello everybody!!

i'm DINH VAN HUAN.I come from vietnam. and I love CHELSEA very very very much.

for me, now chelsea needs COLE and one left MID.

thanks you!
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but sorry yours is wrong!!

We DO NOT need any more bloody players
icon_rolleyes.gif


 
I'm surprised how even this poll it, from everything I've read, I thought the vast majority were against the move. Maybe the ones who don't want him just air their opinions more?

 
Bolton miss out on Sorin

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce has revealed the club have failed in a bid to sign Argentine World Cup star Juan Pablo Sorin.

Allardyce has been chasing the full back all summer as he looks to bolster his squad.

Villarreal are ready to sell Sorin for the right price after a number of clubs expressed an interest in the player.

Sorin held talks with Bolton and visited the club, but Allardyce was unable to persuade him to make the switch to The Reebok Stadium.

"We were disappointed missing out on the signing of Juan Pablo Sorin," Allardyce told the club's official website.

"He had a look around the club and it is a great shame that we failed to acquire such a fantastic player who has played in the World Cup."

Allardyce also remains hopeful that Jared Borgetti will seal his move away from the club soon.

The Mexican's proposed move to Al Ittihad stalled earlier this week, but Allardyce still expects the deal to happen.

"I still remain hopeful that Jared Borgetti will leave us and maybe something can happen in the Middle East," added Allardyce.

"There is a lot of interest in Jared and I have no doubt a deal will be done over the coming weeks with a club somewhere in the world.

"A good number of clubs want to sign him and it will happen soon."

Meanwhile, Kevin Davies, Joey O'Brien and Henrik Pedersen are all in danger of missing the start of the season.

All three players are struggling with injuries and face a race against time to be fit for the big kick-off against Tottenham.

"Kevin Davies, Joey O'Brien and Henrik Pedersen are all major doubts ahead of the opening league game of the season," bemoaned Allardyce.

"As it stands now all three, along with Ricardo Gardner (knee) who is out until at least the end of October, could be out of my plans for the Spurs game, which is a major problem."

Why not choose Sorin?
icon_rolleyes.gif


 
I'm surprised how even this poll it, from everything I've read, I thought the vast majority were against the move. Maybe the ones who don't want him just air their opinions more?
Perhaps because to select "no to cole" you also have to call William Gallas a filthy traitor bar steward pimp at the same time?!
icon_eek.gif


 
I just voted Yes (please don't hurt me).

I have always liked Cole and imo he's one of the best in the world.

Sure he's from Arsenal and buying him would mean more money for Arsenal. That doesn't matter much to me. They can have all the money they want, they still wont beat us.

I know we have Bridge, but to honest I don't feel secure with him. Everytime I see him I get a lump in my stomach. All I can think is "please don't mess this up!" and that is not nice.

If Bridge get to play alot he might become more secure, but I would feel alot safer if we had a great player to cover for him.

But if we can't get Cole at a decent price (I don't wanna pay too much for him) there are others we could buy.

Someone mentioned Sorin. I love Sorin. He's a defender, midfielder and forward all in one. That guy can run all the time for 90+ minutes and still won't be tired.

Chivu has been mentioned too, but in my oppinion he's not the most secure defender in the world. He can play brilliant sometimes, but every now and then he mess things up. I've seen him do it a few times in Serie A (I'm a huge fan of Juventus so I watch quite alot of Italian games).

But since that doesn't happen too often he would be nice to have in Chelsea

Too bad we couldn't have Zambrotta. That would have been amazing.

In one of the pre-season games Mourinho played Diarra as left-back and if I'm not mistaking he did a good job there.

He probably won't get to play that much as defensive midfielder. Makelele is surely the first choice and I guess Essien is the 2nd choice?

So maybe we could let Diarra try a few games as defender. Who knows, he might be a success?

But if we do buy Ashley it wouldn't be too bad having a defense like this: Cole - JT - Carvalho - Gallas

or

Cole - JT - Gallas - Ferreira/Geremi

This is my first post on this forum (hooray for me!) and I've just said we should buy Cole and let Gallas play. My reputation is already tarnished
icon_rolleyes.gif


 
I just voted Yes (please don't hurt me).
icon_lol.gif
Don't worry. we will not do that. Besides we would not be able to find you anyway :)

This is my first post on this forum (hooray for me!) and I've just said we should buy Cole and let Gallas play. My reputation is already tarnished
icon_rolleyes.gif
Welcome to the forum. Nice to have a Swedish fan joining us on the forum. Also it was a good first post. I'm imprssed :)

 
I voted yes too for the simple reasons that he's good, Gallas is probably leaving, Cole wants to come, we need cover for Bridge, and I can't bear watching Paulo at left back one more time.
icon_redface.gif
icon_redface.gif


 
I voted whatever, even get someone else, because I ca'e call Gallas a mercenary...not yet

Scott

 
I've voted yes after last nights international.

I thought he played pretty well considering his circumstances and we do need a left back pretty desperately.

 
Who feels confident with a back four of Ferreira, Terry, Carvalho and Bridge/Gallas (neither of whom are committed to staying) ? If JT ever gets injured where's the cover ?

 
I feel confident with that back 4, or I would if bridge had jose's confidence.

in fact, if he was regularly playing then he probably would have his confidence so there would be no problem

of course, if/when gallas goes buying a leftback won't be enough- we'd need a central defender too, or, someone who can play both positions (i.e. chivu)...

 
Who feels confident with a back four of Ferreira, Terry, Carvalho and Bridge/Gallas (neither of whom are committed to staying) ? If JT ever gets injured where's the cover ?
UH, Did I miss a memo???? whenever did WB say anything at all about leaving, and why would you even think he is not committed to staying?

Kev

 
Who feels confident with a back four of Ferreira, Terry, Carvalho and Bridge/Gallas (neither of whom are committed to staying) ? If JT ever gets injured where's the cover ?
UH, Did I miss a memo???? whenever did WB say anything at all about leaving, and why would you even think he is not committed to staying?

Kev
yep you did. there's been talk of him going to newcastle. if cole comes he will definitely be off, either now or in january.

 
Sorry, there's been no sensible talk about Bridge going to the Barcodes, but there has been Daily Star talk about how Newcastle were sniffing round for him - most definitely NOT the same thing

Bridgey himself hasn't said anything publicly about wanting to go

Kev

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top