Carvalho open to Blues exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant

New Signing
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Ricardo Carvalho has revealed that he is open to the idea of leaving Chelsea this summer with a number of clubs having already expressed an interest.

"I am available for a club who wishes to have me," the centre-half said.

"I have had four extraordinary years at Chelsea till this year, which has not been very good, indeed the worst of my career. I wasn't in great shape because I haven't played.

"But if there is no transfer, I will be fine at Chelsea."

That would be a huge blow if he did go if you ask me, i freaking love this guy, gives 100 & 10% every season when ever he has played and never ever let us down

i for one hope he does stay, but if he did go then id be dissapointed but gotta think that his next team will be saying the same thing i am

what is your thoughts on R C ?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
The new Manager is only in a few days and there is already a player basically saying he wants to leave. Rather worrying.

 
It will be sad to see him go and he will certainly get our best of luck, but it wont be a surprise.

Great player, but i cant see it affecting the team, he's played less than half of our matches two seasons running.

We've got Alex, MM and Ivanovic, hardly panic stations.

 
It will be sad to see him go and he will certainly get our best of luck, but it wont be a surprise.Great player, but i cant see it affecting the team, he's played less than half of our matches two seasons running.

We've got Alex, MM and Ivanovic, hardly panic stations.
Agreed think Carvalho understandably is looking at his options.. all the younger players have been great when called upon.

Dont think this is reflection on the new manager at all. natural time to move on more like. Sad to see him go if he does though

 
He's a top quality player, but we quite simply don't need him any more. If he was to reagin his fitness and form, I'd play him every game, but I don't see that happening.

He's helped us a lot and been a great player for us and we'll always be gratuitous for that, but perhaps a move to Italy - probably Inter - would be the best move for his career now.

 
There comes a time when it is 'right' for both club and player to part. Riccy has given us good service but will also realise at his age he has one last good move left in him. For our part we have good cover at centre back any bid of 10m or more would make good sense.

 
I won't be gutted if he leaves, as we have great players that play that role. I love the guy to death, and much like when Cudicini left...it's good for the player.

 
Sad but we have Alex , Ivanovic and Mancienne to fill in . Frankly one of Riccy , Iva or alex had to leave this season to balance it up and make sure everyone plays ..

 
There comes a time when it is 'right' for both club and player to part. Riccy has given us good service but will also realise at his age he has one last good move left in him. For our part we have good cover at centre back any bid of 10m or more would make good sense.
I don't think we'll get £10m..considering he's 31 and we paid £8m for Deco and also the fact that he's had injury problems we'd be looking at something closer to £7m.

Then again, Man City are always out there...and Portsmouth!!?

 
R C <<< LINK

yeh ive been very impressed with alex as of late

ideal replacement

but id want a new defender to cover incase of alex getting injured

but then agine M M is comeing along & few others

good times ::clap2::

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I won't be gutted if he leaves, as we have great players that play that role. I love the guy to death, and much like when Cudicini left...it's good for the player.
Same here. We have JT, Alex, Ivanovic and Mancienne waiting in the wings who have done a perfectly fine job with Carvalho out. Nothing against the dude, I think he's one of the best defenders in the world on his day, but those days are now numbered. We could get a few million for him, with Jose interested too. All the best to him if he goes ::clap2::

 
The new Manager is only in a few days and there is already a player basically saying he wants to leave. Rather worrying.
thats why we got the new manager in early

would be sad to see him go as he as been brilliant, but we have plenty of cover, and Alex as done superbly, although he's a bit of a slow starter

 
Would be sad to see Percy go...but maybe his recovery time from injury ain't what it used to be, he's been a fantastic service to the club.

 
The time is right for him to go. He's done a great job for us but his seasons are getting shorter because of niggling injuries and the younger players are now more then ready to step up.

 
Great defender - bit to injury prone for me now so if he wants to leave, not a problem.

If no one bids, hope he is a squad player, maybe play him in a few big games and pass on his experience to Alex. We could use him just now again like we did Makelele

 
He has been great for us after not a such convincing start, but I think the time is right for both player and club.

 
Absolutely the right time to let him go, and I brought this up mid season when he was constantly injured. He is a great defender, and was great while he was with us; however, I'd hate to see him do a Desailly and become a little slow and off the pace in the twighlight of his career with us.

If we can, let him go, and thank him for everything he gave us. I'd rather he left than Ivan, or mancienne

 
I'll remember the 3rd goal he smashed in against the Mancs when we won the title for a long, long time.

He's at that stage Lamps was last season, do you make you last "big team" move, or stay and aim to achieve more.

I think its the best time to sell him, harshly, whilst we can still get a good price for him.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top