Champions League 2019/20

When was the last time we played Real in a European competition? Was it the super cup in 98? I do find it odd we never drew them. 

 
When was the last time we played Real in a European competition? Was it the super cup in 98? I do find it odd we never drew them. 
They’ve probably paid UEFA off to not to play us ever again after we humiliated them last time!

 
When was the last time we played Real in a European competition? Was it the super cup in 98? I do find it odd we never drew them. 
UEFA were to busy always pairing us with Barcelona and then installing bent referees!!.

 
I am fully expecting us to be in a group with Real Madrid (Hazard) and Inter Milan (Conte) ...

 
Porto, Celtic and Kobenhavn please

That said, I'd love to draw Zagreb, might be a good excuse to visit Croatia again this year

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Would personally love to be in Real Madrid's group and have a trip to the Bernabeu. If not, I'd settle for an away day in Milan. It's what the champions league is all about. 

 
In which basket are we? 2nd, 3rd or 4th? Probably 2 tough teams with a softer team in our group. 

 
Real, Celtic and Genk, please. 

Might as well test ourselves out against Real, it will be a prime matchup and Hazard can come back to Stamford Bridge at least once more. Celtic will likely be the easiest team from pot 3 and as a bonus, it's not much travel. Genk may not be the easiest side from pot 4 but looking at the other teams and we'd have to deal with raucous crowds and/or racist fans almost everywhere else. 

 
How are Real in pot 2, when they've won it about 4 times in the last 6? And Liverpool have reached the final 2 years running and yet they have less points than us? I just don't understand all this UEFA bo**ocks.

 
How are Real in pot 2, when they've won it about 4 times in the last 6? And Liverpool have reached the final 2 years running and yet they have less points than us? I just don't understand all this UEFA bo**ocks.
Uefexit

 
How are Real in pot 2, when they've won it about 4 times in the last 6? And Liverpool have reached the final 2 years running and yet they have less points than us? I just don't understand all this UEFA bo**ocks.
Pot 1 is the Champions of the top 6 European Leagues, plus the Champions League winners and the Europa League winners ... hence Real in Pot 2 !

 
When was the last time we played Real in a European competition? Was it the super cup in 98? I do find it odd we never drew them. 
Yes, it was the Super Cup in 1998.

Only played them three times in our history with our unbeaten record in tact

  1. Chelsea 1-1 Real Madrid (May 19 1971) = UEFA European Cup Winners Cup
  2. Chelsea 2-1 Real Madrid (May 21 1971) = UEFA European Cup Winners Cup (Replay)
  3. Chelsea 1-0 Real Madrid (August 28 1998) = UEFA Super Cup
 
Yes, it was the Super Cup in 1998.

Only played them three times in our history with our unbeaten record in tact

  1. Chelsea 1-1 Real Madrid (May 19 1971) = UEFA European Cup Winners Cup
  2. Chelsea 2-1 Real Madrid (May 21 1971) = UEFA European Cup Winners Cup (Replay)
  3. Chelsea 1-0 Real Madrid (August 28 1998) = UEFA Super Cup
Galaticos my arse, never even beaten some poxy little club in west London!

 
Back
Top