Charlie Austin

Why? Because he's a proven goal scorer and would be cheaper than Berahino aswell. Stats are above as I said.
Austin scored a few more goals from a lot more shots, created far less chances, actually got just 5 assists in the league and their prices have both been quoted around the £15-20 million mark.

Berahino however is still only 21, has an exceptional record at international age group level and arguably has a lot more potential.

If you must use stats then how about comparing what they were both doing at age 21?

Austin was hitting 12 goals in League One for Swindon.

Berahino was hitting 14 goals in the Premier League for West Brom.

So again, why Austin?

 
Because they offer us value in terms of what they could give us now or possess potential to be better in the long-term, all with minimum exposure to risk.
Austin is 25 and scores goals he could score a ton of goals for us and if he didn't after one year we could sell and get a good fee for him. I really don't think it's that much of a risk.

 
Austin is 25 and scores goals he could score a ton of goals for us and if he didn't after one year we could sell and get a good fee for him. I really don't think it's that much of a risk.
One good season in the top league at the age of 25 is a massive risk in my opinion. We'll just have to agree to disagree but I've seen so many strikers in the Premier League like Charlie Austin who have one good season, go to a slightly bigger club and never really reach those heights again.

I like the bloke and I wish him the best but I've seen nothing from him that is anymore exceptional than what Darren Bent or Andy Johnson or Marcus Stewart did at equally poor clubs.

 
Odds slashed to lower than 2/1 that Austin will sign for Chelsea following a large influx of bets in the last 24 hours. 

Does it mean something?

Probably not but what else are we going to talk about with no football on? 

I suppose we could argue about Willian's lack of goals and whether Mikel actually does a good job or not, those are always fun. 

 
[quote

but what else are we going to talk about with no football on? 

Women's England v Colombia was cracking!

 
Women's England v Colombia was cracking!
I have over the years tried to watch women's football on a quite a few occasions and I've always been bored. 

As a rule unless it's Chelsea playing and I'm emotionally invested in it I can't watch it. 

I enjoy later stages of the Champions League games because they're generally quite tense but normally it's Chelsea or nothing for me. 

 
/\ Our Chelsea gals are worth a watch, but the women's football has been inconsistent, the above game was enjoyable though.

 
From

Costa

Remy

Drogba

to

Costa

Falcao

Austin

I don't know about anyone else but i think this would make our front 3 weaker.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Some Austin news again surfacing. Apparently he is putting things on hold to see if we make an offer.

Somehow I like this player. Wouldn't mind seeing him here.

 
Would ruin any chance of him making the England Euro 2016 squad.

 
If he came it would mean Remy leaving.

Remy is a much better player so hopefully Austin ends up at Leicester or Newcastle (which I think speaks volumes about his ability)

 
He should go to Villa or Sunderland. He'd probably useful for them, especially if Benteke leaves. 

 
One paper claimed he was waiting an offer from us, to be 4th choice. Not happening

 
The only reason we would be going for him is if Remy is leaving. Remy is twice the player Austin is.

 
Back
Top