Charlton Athletic vs Chelsea (FAC) Saturday 10th January 20:00 GMT

axman2526

Legend
Messages
39,708
Reaction score
20,281
Matchday thread for the FA CUP match against Charlton at the Valley.

200.gif


WLD BlueCo out!

 
Assuming all available

Sanchez

Cucurella

Chalobah

Acheampong

James

Caciedo

Santos

Estevao

Enzo

Palmer

Delap

 
I've done that before I just play it off like I'm an idiot. It's very believable for some reason.
One of those happy moments frin making multiple match threads around the same time :)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Really hoping Jesse Derry get minutes here. Hes better than half of the wingers we have.
Given Neto, Garnacho and Gittens are bums it is more than half.

 
Given our January schedule I think this and the Pafos game are our two opportunities to rotate, plus ideally I want us full strength for the cup semi against Arsenal. Cucurella is suspended for this game. Unless we're comfortable starting Antwi or Rak-Sakyi then we're forced into starting James and Caicedo, as Gusto and Fernández both started two games in four days (one away to Man City and another away game in which we played with ten men for seventy minutes). If Sánchez is still affected by his injury then Jörgensen can start, otherwise I don't really want to see him or Buonanotte playing for us (ever).

Sánchez

James
Acheampong
Badiashile
Hato

Santos
Caicedo

George
Estêvão
Garnacho

Guiu

 
Jorgensen​
Fofana Acheampong Hato​
Gusto Santos Enzo Neto​
Estevao Garnacho​
Guiu​
 
I can't see us putting too strong a side out for this one. Can expect all our "big-hitters" to be rested, what with the first leg semi final v the Gooners coming up next Wednesday.

Hopefully, whatever side he puts out will have a bit too much for opponents currently sitting 19th in The Championship, although of course, I wouldn't bet on it.

 
The line ups that BlueCo pick for the next 4 games are going to be very instructive as to what their priorities are.

I'm assuming they'll keep the key players as fresh as possible for the PL fixtures, as the cost of not qualifying for the CL next season will outweigh anything they might make from a deep run in the domestic cups, even if we were to win both of them. Champions League they might still fancy winning ... so that's probably the #2 priority

 
  • Like
Reactions: OTL
Normally would expect rotation for this one with an eye on Wednesday but being his first game he will want to start a strong 11 but the fact he doesn’t know who the medical team will declare available and who the SD’s and Egbhalli ‘feel’ should be playing. It’s anyone guess who’s picking the team at this point let alone who’s in it.

 
Do you think academy lads like Reggie and Jessie would need to go through a blue co. approval/ vetting prior to their introduction to any given match day squad?

If LR was to just randomly upgrade a junior it could throw Blue co's selection guidance into total disarray.

I'm thinking Dr Eghbali's medical team could probably control this.🤔🩺

 
  • Roll Eyes
Reactions: dkw
"We want to try and win every game we play. If you start pinpointing and saying one competition is more important than the other, then that is crazy," Rosenior said. "You have to try and win every game and if you think too far ahead you fall. We just have to focus on the here and now."

I think from this we should see a very strong line up v Charlton. No messing about.

 
Back
Top