Chelsea breakaway from breakaway European Super League

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sindre
  • Start date Start date

Would you pay to watch Chelsea in a European Super League ?

  • Yes

    Votes: 20 13.2%
  • No

    Votes: 110 72.4%
  • Not sure yet

    Votes: 22 14.5%

  • Total voters
    152
S

Sindre

Guest
This may be moved to wherever the mods prefer it but it's potentially very important news. Top tier journalist claiming we are among the teams and that it's getting announced soon.

Would change football if its true.


 
Last edited:
nbbmyt0e9yt61.jpg


Joint statement by UEFA, The FA and others.

Will be very interesting to see how this develops.

 
sh*t idea and I would hate it.

But FIFA threatening with not letting players in that league then compete in world cups etc. and you realise its already all corporate sh*t and has no care for the supporters anymore. UEFA and FIFA talking about other peoples greed and corruption is an absolute joke as we head towards a world cup in qatar.

And the teams involved show what its really all about as eg arsenal haven't been relevant anywhere for a long time. All about the money who cares where it comes from.

 
I'm very sceptical about the appeal of a European Super League, especially if you can never get knocked-out or relegated - where's the drama in a perpetual round-robin. 
I agree.

But it looks like this is happening. If UEFA and the national federations can't stop it at least.

I mean they can threathen with banning the participating teams from their competitions but the EPL for example can't excactly do without United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and likely City either. So it's all posturing at this stage but I expect this too be a BIG story the next couple of days.

Club statement in a bit I would imagine.

 
I absolutely hate the idea personally, and I absolutely hate the idea that teams (including Chelsea) think they can mess with the whole football pyramid in the their countries for their own gain.

Selfish idea dreamt up by selfish people and selfish clubs, I feel embarrassed that Chelsea are even involved.

BTW how the hell have Arsenal been invited to participate anyway, that alone shows it’s one of the worst ideas ever!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say I disagree with Neville.

But the thing is if you are one of the very few superteams that take the high ground here and refuse you would likely fall far behind the others quickly purely because of the economic aspect. 

 
Apart from the money, i doubt these clubs will be able to hold on to their players that want to compete for their national teams, as Uefa and Fifa, will probably block them from representing their country, its a totally sh*t idea, that should be discarded for the integrity of the PL.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody wants it apart from the scumbags at the top of the clubs involved. I feel embarrassed as a Chelsea fan that we’re involved in trying to kill the sport just so some millionaires/billionaires can get an even bigger house. 

 
I agree.

But it looks like this is happening. If UEFA and the national federations can't stop it at least.

I mean they can threathen with banning the participating teams from their competitions but the EPL for example can't excactly do without United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham and likely City either. So it's all posturing at this stage but I expect this too be a BIG story the next couple of days.

Club statement in a bit I would imagine.
I suppose a league of 12 clubs replacing the Champions League could live beside smaller national leagues in terms of the total number of fixtures clubs would play but you'd need to reduce to EPL to around 12 clubs too and the "big 6" would probably have to stop playing in either the League Cup or the FA Cup or both.

 
Sickening stuff - It's the final death knell of the pretence that we are a club that a fan can identify with in any meaningful way. I would be interested to see a fan survey on this for the clubs allegedly involved, and also willing to bet that a vast, vast majority are dead set against the idea.

I'd sooner see us get relegated to the non league than see this. I'd find it easier to stomach continuing to support Chelsea in the non league than as part of a cartel.

 
let's face it, European football's been heading in this direction ever since they allowed non-champions to play for the European Champions Cup and scrapped the Cup Winners Cup. I say bring back the 1970s and get those sponsor logos off our shirt while we're at it    

 
If we join a super league today, I’ll have to find a different team to support. Leyton Orient or whatever.

 
This absolutely stinks. I'm sure Buck & Marina know it but they'll fear being left behind. The money on offer is crazy.

 
Back
Top