Chelsea in for Falcao?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks, he's finished. He had his chance but he got greedy and picked Monaco and now at United he doesn't even look half the player he once was.

 
PSG maybe but why would they want him when they already have Cavanni and Ibra?

Madrid? They will have noticed his form and goal scoring since the injury has been terrible, they are mugs but not the type of mugs that buy crocked players.
Well Ibrahimovic is getting on a bit, and I can't imagine he's made anyone particularly happy with his recent c**ty comments about the club and country. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the summer, hopefully he f**ks off to the MLS where his ego will be pandered to.

I think you make a fair point about Real though, as does FC with the Atletico link, I just assumed they would get star-struck and go for the big name regardless of form, physical condition or pricetag. I'm not sure to what extent his problem has been his injury - the demotion to the under-21s is a pretty serious statement on the manager's part that he is unhappy with his attitude, or at least some aspect of his performance as a servant of the club. Sometimes senior players participate in reserve games in order to regain fitness, but I'm assuming that wasn't the issue as he had been named on the bench the day before and it was with the youngsters rather than the reserves.

I'm not sure Monaco can afford to pay his wages. While they're not exactly poor they certainly no longer have money to burn - wasn't that the reason for the loan to Man Utd in the first place? It's not like he was playing poorly in Ligue 1.

 
Monaco were trying to offload as many of the big earners as they could after the owners decided against trying to take the world on with huge investments.

How long does he have left on his contract?

 
Monaco were trying to offload as many of the big earners as they could after the owners decided against trying to take the world on with huge investments.

How long does he have left on his contract?
Apparently he signed a five-year deal with Monaco in the summer before the 2013-14 season, so in theory this season would be the second out of five, meaning he has three years left. I suppose they might just keep loaning him out...

 
Apparently he signed a five-year deal with Monaco in the summer before the 2013-14 season, so in theory this season would be the second out of five, meaning he has three years left. I suppose they might just keep loaning him out...
I'd say they have to unless someone offers a fee which would not be anywhere near the £40 odd million that has been mentioned.

Such a shame as against us he was on another level altogether and looked a world class striker. It's a bit like Torres where he will only be living off past glories from now on.

Another reason why we shouldn't look at him, we are still healing from that saga.

 
I'd say they have to unless someone offers a fee which would not be anywhere near the £40 odd million that has been mentioned.
I was interested to read that Arsenal's wage bill is now apparently bigger than ours, and considering their only current options are Welbeck and Giroud (Walcott and Sanchez too in an emergency I suppose), I suppose they shouldn't be ruled out, especially with the new Premier League TV deal.

 
The rumours I've seen don't involve a permanent transfer. The real problem is his wages and ambition. The same as Torres, who would've been a decent 2nd/3rd choice striker for most top sides. If he chose to go to Monaco, no way will he accept his true worth at a top club.

 
That move from Atletico to Monaco killed him as a top player. He was unlucky to get seriously injured soon after but he was an absolute beast in Madrid and picked huge wages over ambition. 

 
I thought he didn't have much say in his move to Monaco but it was engineered by the third parties that own his rights.

 
Well Ibrahimovic is getting on a bit, and I can't imagine he's made anyone particularly happy with his recent c**ty comments about the club and country. I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in the summer, hopefully he f**ks off to the MLS where his ego will be pandered to.
Ain't gonna happen but i'd love Ibra here to be honest (more so if Drogba moves on/retires). Still has a year on his contract though so reckon he'll stay with PSG. Would have no complaints if we sign him on a free next summer.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
He's been running away from CL football all his life, doubt he will risk it with us, even if we are crazy enough to bid for him.

 
He had his chance to join us but decided to go with the money, and now he's not even close to his level. We just don't need him.

 
I still think he can unearth that inner beast again, but he's played for monaco and sat on the bench most of the season for utd, so we can't gage how good he can be again without consistent playing time. He had good stats at monaco to be fair, but at utd he's been unfortunate. I don't think he would even get a chance in our team either because Costa is here now. He will probably go to Italy or back to Spain. I would like to see him back at atletico.

 
[quote name="Justin" post="987053" timestamp="1427161548"

a swoop for Falcao

I like what you did there.

 
I can see him at Juve, maybe. Still like to believe he's not done just yet. Such a fantastic striker before the injury.

 
He was a fantastic striker and also not someone who I felt relied overly on pace. Considering that, his decline has been surprising but when you look at the numbers, he has 4 goals and 5 assists in 1018 minutes this season which are hardly horrible for a guy recovering from a serious injury, playing in a new league under a manager that doesn't seem to want him and for a team that has played some dire stuff for most of the season. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

I know people blame him for his career choices, but I'm not sure that is entirely down to him personally. I do feel a bit sorry for him, being one of the best strikers of our generation and missing out on the world cup, and now possibly never getting to play in the champions league again.

 
Please no, at least not if he costs us substantial money.

As was pointed out already, reminds me of the Torres deal.

 
Mourinho said that we were priced out of the cavani and falcao deals when they made their respective moves to psg and monaco, and that it was principally due to wages 

"When asked if Financial Fair Play was the reason he pulled the plug on moves for Falcao or Cavani, Mourinho replied: "Correct. Because of transfer fees and salaries. Players are not just about transfer fees, but big wages. Of course there's a certain profile of player we don't go near." "

If these players were too expensive and we werent considered good enough just because of the salaries we are prepared to pay, then hell mend them. We should not be a retirement village for money-grabbing bar steward wash-out has-beens living on reputation and seeking one final pay day. We have been stung in the past by going for players on the wrong side of their peak and paying over the odds for them. 

In my opinion, falcao can go and f**k himself. 

 
Should have bought him years ago when he was at Athletico. No chance in hell now.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top