Chelsea player of the year vote has opened

It's hard to choose. 

In the first few months of the season, Costa was my player of the season, he was either scoring or setting up goals for fun. He then dipped and then it was between Hazard and Kante. Then Hazard had a little dry patch in front of goal and then it was Kante. But Hazard has been brilliant of late, it's like he has gone up another level. We seem to be getting something out of Hazard in every game in recent times. Against the big teams, Hazard has really turned up. I haven't seen a player play so well against the big teams as often as Hazard has for quite a while now.

Kante or Hazard for me, they both deserve it.

 
Several players who are the obvious candidates have for me "met expectations" this season rather than exceeded them.  I voted for Victor Moses, whose career resurgence has been surprising, most welcome and inspirational.

 
Several players who are the obvious candidates have for me "met expectations" this season rather than exceeded them. 
I voted for Pedro for this reason - he may run around like a headless chicken or may not be everyone's cup of tea, but without his contribution this year I dare say we'd be worse off.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I voted for Pedro for this reason - he may run around like a headless chicken or may not be everyone's cup of tea, but without his contribution this year I dare say we'd be worse off.
Cant we say that about Eden? Costa? Kante? Tibo? Moses and Alonso? 

 
Voted for Kante all the way. He's been absolutely bloody brilliant in his first season for the club.

 
Cant we say that about Eden? Costa? Kante? Tibo? Moses and Alonso? 
I think everyone has played their part don't get me wrong (particularly Moses and Alonso who have exceeded expectation), I just think Pedro (and Kante albeit to a lesser degree given last year's contribution for Leicester) went above and beyond what was expected this year.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone has played their part don't get me wrong (particularly Moses and Alonso who have exceeded expectation), I just think Pedro went above and beyond what was expected this year so that's why he's my POTY.
Fair enough. 

In my opinion, I cant get over the last season. Main differences from that are 1. the system, 2. Kante. I feel like he is the person thats helped us the most - be it in the system, providing freedom to the attackers, cover for the defence, helping in transition. For me, he would be the biggest loss.

 
Always vote for azpi mr consistent!

Kante has to win really though he has given numerous players the freedom to express themselves further up the pitch

 
Back
Top