chelsea starting 11 this season.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know. I was a bit sketchy about him being there too. But I don't know where else he'd be. Honestly, I feel that Oscar is more of an Attacking mid/winger, not a center mid. I guess I would switch Mata and Oscar's positions. Also, I noticed I forgot to put Essien.

 
Yeah, I know. I was a bit sketchy about him being there too. But I don't know where else he'd be. Honestly, I feel that Oscar is more of an Attacking mid/winger, not a center mid. I guess I would switch Mata and Oscar's positions. Also, I noticed I forgot to put Essien.
You only forgot essien in the bench. He won't be in the starting 11 like others think.

 
There's too many options available to RDM for this season, we've a lot of versatile players that can play in a number of positions in any given formation. I think the line-up this season is going to be harder to pick than it has been for a long time.

But what a situation to be in with so much talent and so many options at our disposal .

You can already see from a few posts on here, the players been left-out would walk into the majority of sides in the Premier League, you can't really make a judgement until the final squad has been submitted, and even then it will be difficult

 
Just a question for anyone to answer , most people would like to get Ramires in their starting line-up somehow , be it be midfield or right side in a front three. If We don't get a back-up right-back does anyone think he could slot in at right back (remember this was where he was playing when he scored against Barcelona. He has the legs to get up and down but does he have cole's defensive qualities ?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just a question for anyone to answer , most people would like to get Ramires in their starting line-up somehow , be it be midfield or right side in a front three. If We don't get a back-up right-back does anyone think he could slot in at right back (remember this was where he was playing when he scored against Barcelona. He has the legs to get up and down but does he have cole's defensive qualities ?
There isn't many players with Cole's abilities, let alone players out of their natural position. But I think he could fill in if needed, should be better than Paulo or our youngsters. (Sam isn't a youngster by his age, but by the matches he played in the top flight).

 
Cech

Cole (Bertrand for weaker PL matches)

Terry

Cahill (Luiz for weaker PL matches)

Ivan

Lampard

Oscar (rotating with Mikel)

Ramires

Mata

Hazard

Torres (Rotating with Sturridge)

 
Just a question for anyone to answer , most people would like to get Ramires in their starting line-up somehow , be it be midfield or right side in a front three. If We don't get a back-up right-back does anyone think he could slot in at right back (remember this was where he was playing when he scored against Barcelona. He has the legs to get up and down but does he have cole's defensive qualities ?
He has more than enough defensive qualities to make a good right back. He used to be a right back as well so he should have no problems playing there again.It's a nice option to have.

 
Lampard

Oscar (rotating with Mikel)
Maybe I'm missing something here, but I really don't see Oscar and Mikel filling anything like the same role. One is a defensive midfielder, the other a number 10 or a winger. Oscar will play in the attacking three for sure.

 
Yep, if Lampard needed a rest or something, Mata or Malouda would be dropped back and Oscar played forward.

 
I forget where I read it at, but some Chelsea site was saying to cool it on the "Oscar in the double pivot" talk. 2-3 years from now, that could be a reality, but expecting a guy who has some but not a lot of experience there to move to England and become world-class right away there could be a bridge too far. If we're playing a 4-2-3-1, I'd expect him in the 3rd band for a lot of the the games this season.

And with Ramires, I've read that he used to be a right back as well. That would certainly be interesting to try out in a game, but I think he'll get enough time in the middle 2 or the third band to justify us not resorting to that experiment.

 
For mine, there will be few changes.

We've really only strengthened the squad rather than the first team.

I'd suggest our team will be (4-2-3-1): Cech, Ivan, Luiz/Cahill, JT, Cole, Mikel, Lamps, Ramires, Mata, Hazard, Torres (sigh)

 
.....................Cech......................

Ivano....Terry..........Cahill......Cole

............Lampard....Mikel.............

Ramires.........Mata...........Hazard

..................Torres.......................

Bench: Luiz, Marin, Sturridge, Oscar, Bertrand, Essien, Malouda, Raul Merieles, Moses??

Again, I keep saying it, but I think we still need another top flight striker in this squad. Torres could be in for a bumper year if Robby D unleashes this team successfully, but we are in for a bazillion matches and tournies this season and we are going to need another top flight striker to cover for Nando. I'm not sold on Sturridge yet to take this team forward if Fernando goes down with injury.

I keep hearing that inking Vic Moses is any second now, but can he play the lone strikers role?

 
Just a question for anyone to answer , most people would like to get Ramires in their starting line-up somehow , be it be midfield or right side in a front three. If We don't get a back-up right-back does anyone think he could slot in at right back (remember this was where he was playing when he scored against Barcelona. He has the legs to get up and down but does he have cole's defensive qualities ?
I have also thought about the possibility of Ramires playing RB but is he too good to be a RB? i mean his energy,tackling,bursting forward runs and goalscoring ability wasted out there?.

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top