Chelsea v FK Krasnodar (CL) Tues 8th Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

A game to bring some players to their form. 

-------------------- Kepa ------------

Azpilicueta - Rudiger - Christensen - Emerson

----------- Jorginho --- Kovacic ---------

Hudson Odoi ----- Havertz ------- Anjorin 

---------------- Abraham ------------

Play for the win, we're in good form and we should keep it up. COME ON CHELS!!

 
I reckon we will see Drinkwater for this one ??. Everyone should be rested for this. I want some youth guys playing 

 
Presumably we can play some academy players and not just members of the CL squad.

 
Kepa

Azpi

Christensen

Rudiger

Emerson

Jorginho

Gilmour

Havertz

CHO

Giroud

Anjorin

 
I wont even have Mendy ,Chilwell ,Silva ,Zouma ,Kante ,Werener Pulisic or Giroud in the match day squad. We are guaranteed 1st and Krasnador are guaranteed 3rd . We have nothing to gain besides Gilmours fitness and everything to lose with injuries in this game.

                             Kepa

Azpi       Christensen     Rudiger       Emerson

              Jorginho          Gilmour

CHO               Havertz             Anjorin

                   Abraham

 
I wont even have Mendy ,Chilwell ,Silva ,Zouma ,Kante ,Werener Pulisic or Giroud in the match day squad. We are guaranteed 1st and Krasnador are guaranteed 3rd . We have nothing to gain besides Gilmours fitness and everything to lose with injuries in this game.

                             Kepa

Azpi       Christensen     Rudiger       Emerson

              Jorginho          Gilmour

CHO               Havertz             Anjorin

                   Abraham
I think that would be the ideal selection, but with Tomori in for either of the CBs.

 
Would actually like to see Pulisic here because he definitely lacks match fitness, but now with Ziyech injured that would be too risky. Hoping to see a lot of youngsters here as well as Tomori back at CB.

Why is nobody mentioning Alonso? Are those rumours about his bust-up with Lampard earlier in the season true?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
CHO to get a run out, Rudi, Christensen would be good.

Either Jorginho or Gilmour not both for me.

Abraham.

Have a feeling Azpi has something going on outside the game, perhaps family illness as his drop from the first team seems strange.

Guess Alonso may on his way out in December 

 
I wont even have Mendy ,Chilwell ,Silva ,Zouma ,Kante ,Werener Pulisic or Giroud in the match day squad. We are guaranteed 1st and Krasnador are guaranteed 3rd . We have nothing to gain besides Gilmours fitness and everything to lose with injuries in this game.

                             Kepa

Azpi       Christensen     Rudiger       Emerson

              Jorginho          Gilmour

CHO               Havertz             Anjorin

                   Abraham
Disagree on Olly. He has barely played and another 65 minutes or so against this lot could help him bag another goal or two and keep his confidence going in to the Everton and Wolves games.

Also changed my mind on goalkeeper. Want another clean sheet for Mendy to take in to Everton and have seen enough of Kepa in our shirt.

If Anjorin is fit and in the squad we need him to start. Ziyech and Pulisic are made of glass so we need to see what he can do.

Otherwise I agree leave the rest out.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Why is nobody mentioning Alonso? Are those rumours about his bust-up with Lampard earlier in the season true?
It's not just with Lampard - Alonso refused to watch the game with the team, so Lampard discplined him. That sort of behaviour is a red-rag to a bull for high-level ex-players who know what it takes to maintain team culture. Alonso at the time was a senior player and should have been expected to set the standard on the pitch and off it. The West Brom game surely sealed his fate.

I'm sure that if Alonso got his head down and worked he'd be back in the squad but it seems like he has made a bed for himself.

 
Obviously a good time to rest some first teamers. 

Hope to see Tomori, Gilmour, Havertz and Odoi all starting.

 
I'd give Werner and Tammy 45 minutes each as striker, hopefully get some goals and confidence. We are on a good run, as much as this is a nothing game, don't want play 11 kids  drop the game and stop the momentum.

 
We have the rare luxury of not needing any kind of result from this game so Frank is free to rest as many players as he wants and I can't help but think he'll take that opportunity gladly because after this game we have another 6 matches within 21 days. Three of those games occur within 7 days of each other (Arsenal, Aston Villa, Manchester City). 

So I'm not expecting too many minutes for the players who have been involved in the majority of our games so far this season. 

                         Mendy

Dave - Christensen - Rudiger - Emerson 

                       Jorginho

                 Gilmore - Kovacic

            CHO - Abraham - Pulisic 

Could be we also get a rare sighting of the lesser spotted Marcos Alonso as a second half substitute as well... although I won't hold my breath, I get the impression Frank is done with him after his strop earlier in the season. Don't think Mendy will be rested because our other goalkeepers are pants. 

Even with much changed side I think we're still more than good enough to win this one comfortably. 

3-0 Chelsea. Christensen hat trick. 

 
The one thing that is obvious to me is that Kepa has to start - I don’t want him to really and I’m sure very few others do either but as long as FL keeps picking him as Mendy’s match day back up, you have to plan for him having to come on in a game because EM is injured and therefore he will need to continue playing until either an alternative is found or Mendy recovers sufficient to play.

it would be foolhardy, IMO, to not play Kepa in a meaningless game where the result has zero impact, to ‘test’ him out  - if he is truly awful and/or continues to f**k up, then it’s FL opportunity to go to the board for a January loan or purchase a new keeper - in the mean time it might give him some sort of a lift ?

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Just go full C team if that's possible. Really don't need to risk any starters in here. We are first no matter what, even if we get smashed 8-0. 

 
Back
Top