Chelsea v Liverfool

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brian M
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a bad feeling about this game. Something tells me we're going to lose. Luckily I've been proved wrong many times before
icon_wink.gif
Don't worry. Shaky health permitting, I plan to watch the match in the pub, and whenever I do that, the result is a win or draw.

 
Even if Mikel is back I very much doubt he will be in the starting line up. I think Grant is pretty happy with ballack and SWP in the middle, and rightly so, and Maka is a must in a big game like this, so I would expect Obi to be on the bench for if/when we need to mix things up a bit.

Anelka, Joe and Malouda, I guess, would be the front three although the latter need to look up for it and have a big game. Fortunately for him, with Sheva, Kalou and DD out, he doesn't have a lot of competitio for that third place at the moment, so let's hope this run means he can play himself into some sort of form,

 
how do you think we will line up, and has it been confirmed as to whether or not Mikel will be back?
No idea regarding Mikel, but I imagine we'll line up something like:

Cech,

Belletti, Carvalho, Alex, Bridge,

SWP, Makalele, Ballack, Cole, Malouda,

Anelka.

Subs: Cudicini, Ferreria, Cole, Mikel(?), Pizarro.

 
Blize - where you gonna be watching it mate?

 
Just at home I think mate. Is there somewhere around here that has a few Chelsea lads go watch the matches then?

 
Nah! I used to go over the Kings Head in Coleford - mostly mancs and scousers but they was OK-ish, and I tried round a load of other places but they all mostly dippers as well.

Kev

 
Bah! I notice that too, seems to be very few Chelsea fans around which is why I mostly just watch the matches at home now.

 
If Mikel is back then I would expect him to start. I think Frank is likely to be available too.

So my starting line up would be:

------------Cech

Belletti---Riccy---Alex----Bridge

-----------Mikel

----Ballack-------Lamps

Cole----------------Malouda

---------Anelka

Subs: Carlo, Ferreira, Maka, SWP and Pizarro

The key thing as always is to not concede the first goal. If we can score first then we should win.

 
Yup, granted it's always wise to score first, whoever the opposition, but against L*verpool at the Bridge it will be paramount ,as you know Tubby will set out to defend and try and nick one if he can.

However, as even the 'Anfield faithful' are getting a bit sick of one point games, maybe, just maybe Tubby will chance his arm a bit and actually play this like it a league game and not the first leg of a cup tie.

Unlikely though.

 
Some talk that Torres has a pulled hammie. Came off after 20 minutes of the Spain friendly.
Great news if true, Torres is one of their players that worries me.
"one of"?
300.gif
Who're the others?
Gerrard, Benayoun and Babel as well. Although Benitez nearly always seems to leave Babel on the bench.

 
Ghana just got knocked out of ACN by Cameroon, so Essien is on his way back,too.

Doubt he'll be available for Sunday,though.

 
Ghana just got knocked out of ACN by Cameroon, so Essien is on his way back,too.Doubt he'll be available for Sunday,though.
You seem to have forgotten (as I did too) about the game for 3rd place. It's played on saturday and Essien will probably play then.
icon_mad.gif


 
Well life gets easier for Grant if there is not Torres to worry about stopping.

Really Liverpool has Gerrard, Torres, Reina sometimes Carragher and that's about it as top line quality players the rest are average to meh.

SSN said on their ticker he was definitely not playing but people on here say he is so what's the latest?

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top